GsiTurbo 2.0L 16V Turbo buildup ***DYNORUN 236WHP 255WTQ***

Here you can find images and specs of our member's car. Please use the gallery to upload your pictures.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

Tom needs an alternator bracket.....

:lol: :lol:
Audacity Racing
moron

Quick note on the tensioner...

1. It's not on a Daewoo... yet
2. I know it's missing a jam nut
3. It needs to angle cups on it (to prevent binding)

WIP
decyphex
Junior

Post by decyphex »

this is exactly what I have to figure out for the swap Im doing. Slide bracket is what I am going to try as well.
Stefan
Super

Post by Stefan »

Looking really good Tom! Can't wait to see the finished result - it'll be a very unique car!

Stef
Vauxhall Astra.
T3 60trim, Intercooler, Mopar Super 60 Injectors, SDS Stand Alone EFI, Cast T3 Manifold With External Wastegate + More...
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

Thanks Stefan!! And everyone else. I can wait to get this thing running.

I have run into some fitment issues with the manifold and turbo... so while this is being resolved, the following is the update.

Got the oil cooler installed and ready to go....

And with the stainless screen protecting it from all the crap tire might pick up.

Also, as far as the engine bay goes... Engine bay wiring is virtually completed. At this moment its matter of providing power to some components, and cleaning the looms. Once finished, the looms should blend into the engine bay

And more wires...

Items the still need work....
- fuel line (need to machine some 12X1.25mm to AN6 adapters
- intercooler piping (have all the material, but still unsure which way the turbo will face)
- inside wiring
- throttle linkage
- many other items :)

Tom
Junior

Post by decyphex »

Looks excellent!! GREAT PROGRESS! I can't wait for this to be done, it's going to be FASSSTTT! If you can, post some videos when it's done, I'd love to see it in action.
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

The manifold officially fits now. Big THANKS to Chris for all welding. He did really nice job.
Manifold is equal length ram-horn style from S13. Runners actually align quite well. Some blending is required.
Manifold was modified by means of adding material (1/2" stainless) to match T20SED flange. I would not recommend this method. Its really long, and real pain. Took about 20 hrs total to modify. $40 material, and another so in drill bits. Much easier solution is to find variant of the manifold with longer section of piping right by the flange.

Front wastegate elbow port is cut for now. It will be attached once turbocharger's position is determined.

Speaking of turbo, the one I was planing to use originally did not fit. It requires another 1.5" space to clear the radiator, which cannot go any further. I ended up buying T3-series ball bearing Super '60', 60 trim 48 A/R. Trouble is, instead of being here some time last week, I just had to open 'item not received' dispute on ebay. This really sucks.

Tom

Post by daewoomofo »

every thing looks good, yeah that is a nice header. sucks that you are having no luck on getting your parts, hope it all works out in the end

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
Audacity Racing
moron

Good choice on the Super 60 :)
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Wow very nice looking manifold there Tom, Chris must be really good at welding.
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
Lao

Post by Lao »

This is AWSOME work!!!! Congratulations GsiTurbo!! Keep it up.
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

Well...the saga continues, and the 'hair pulling' is for a little while (all depends on Murphy's law) over.

After more cutting and welding of the manifold (thanks again Chris for welding), and then having the flanges machined flat at local CNC shop, it is finally ready for pretty much final bolt on. There isnt much clearance to the rad, roughly 2cm (about .75" or so), but since the mounts are solid, nothing is really going anywhere. I also got all IC piping mocked up and in place. Just need to weld in the blow-off valve fitting.

Photo below shows the brackets used to relocate the wastegate actuator - it was not clearing the crancase venitlation lines. I have not decided yet if this is going to be internally wastegated, or externally wastegated setup. If turbocharger performs to the expectations, It will be converted to non-internal wastegate. For time being, external wastegate port on the manifold is blocked off.

Overall view

I also managed to put back the center console after installing the 'god-mode' switches.. IC sprayers, colling fan and the middle one is yet to be determined.. Above is the mini turbo timer, and E-O1 controller.

If I find my exhaust pipe (which is somewhere at the backyard of work and burried under snow), I believe I'll try to start up the motor next weekend.

Post by Efratech »

i want a ride! looks awesome! :badgrin:
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

I am very excited to announce the car is running !!!! Chris and I just fired it up.... motor did start pretty much immediately (I was worrying this would not happen and I might wash down the piston rings with fuel) without any problems. First run last about 2-3 minutes due to oil leaking quite heavily from the oil pressure sender.

I am just about to get the leak sorted out (and few other little items still requiring attention) and have the car running again.

Tom

Post by eurotech »

nice work very clean, how much had you been spent on it? which is the top for psi? aprox whp you have in mind?