scarr's lanos

Here you can find images and specs of our member's car. Please use the gallery to upload your pictures.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

scarr
Junior

scarr's lanos

Post by scarr »

Well, I managed to get some pictures off my digital cam finally. Anyways, here's my 2000 Lanos AT.

It's very dirty in this pic but just showing off my new 17's.

Here's my custom painted interior + shift knob.

Another interior shot.

And close-up of my shifter. Just showing how short it is now. Stock shift knob sat at least 3-4 inches higher than this.

And finally, just some photoshop fun.
heydude

Post by heydude »

Woah, luv that photoshop pic, unreal.

Fantastic wheels dude, how are 17s with your local laws??? I wanted 17s but could only go to 15s due to local laws.

Cheers.

Clif.
Luvs my WOO
04aveohb
Junior

Post by 04aveohb »

He lived in the states, there isn't many rules for cars.. :lol:

It really amazes me how many rules some countries have, like some wont let you modify the car at all. Why wouldnt they let you have bigger wheels, or body kits. I cna understand exhaust and other stuff like that, because of emissions, or noise control... :?
2004 Chevy Aveo LS Hatchback
-SRI
-15" Konig Theory's
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Nice Lanos!!

How did you go about doing the "Auto Shifter lookin' like a manual shifter" mod? I was planning on doing the same thing.

What boot and shift knob did you use? also, did you mount another switch for your "POWER" button?
scarr
Junior

Post by scarr »

For the shifter, all I did was buy an aftermarket manual shiftknob and took off the plastic piece that controls when you push the button on the stock shiftknob to change gears. Now with the way its mounted, I don't have to push a button to shift at all, its kinda dangerous to do though because you could easily knock it into R or P while in motion.

As for the boot, I just bought a boot from autozone and stretched it to fit. And no, I never use the power button so I just unplugged it completely.
heydude

Post by heydude »

04aveohb wrote:He lived in the states, there isn't many rules for cars.. :lol:

It really amazes me how many rules some countries have, like some wont let you modify the car at all. Why wouldnt they let you have bigger wheels, or body kits. I cna understand exhaust and other stuff like that, because of emissions, or noise control... :?
Yeah with our local laws you are allowed a maximum of 2inches bigger wheels then was originally on the vehicle, plenty of guys go bigger, but I have heard of a few people being caught out and had to remove them, so I did'nt run the risk and got 15inch wheels.

Ok, hijack of thread complete, continue. :wink:
Luvs my WOO