Feeler: Polyurethane Motor Mount Inserts for $35

Group Buys... Be 100% sure before trying to start a group buy. Please don't Abuse of this forum.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

xtreme 2

Feeler: Polyurethane Motor Mount Inserts for $35

Post by xtreme 2 »

Hey all. New to the site but not to the automotive world. I am the owner of DLSpeed, Inc. and Aftermarket Aveo, and have been a member of AveoClub for about a month as a vendor, and they suggested posting here for added support.

I have come across the means of making polyurethane motor mount inserts for those who would be interested. These would much more durable than the rubber that the stock motor mounts have in them, and would come at a cheap price. I have already talked to mikedudley, and he is will to send me his for the mold, so we are all set for production.

Have done this for my Jeep and my Probe that I had, and both came out amazing and made a dramatic difference.

Anyone interested? As soon as I get a confirmed number of people and payment from enough to warrant starting, I will get these on the way. Turnaround time will be about a week max.

At this time, this bulk buy is designed for use with the Aveo 1.6L engine, but if anyone can send me a set of stock mounts (front, rear, and tranny) from a different engine I would be glad to make those as well for the same price if there is added interest.

So Far (both forums):
xStevex - Aveo
mikedudley17 - Aveo

If enough people are interested, I may be able to drop the price a little bit...

Also, With the set that mikedudley sends me, I will also be looking into a custom fabrication set-up so that I can offer a full replacement option for the Aveo motor mounts. I shall also do the same with any other motor mount sets that I receive.
-- xtreme 2
Owner, Aftermarket Aveo

Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

Thats great can you also make the bushings for the shifter butterfly thing

oh and 1 more thing I hope you dont expect everybody to pay you first cause we dont know you you just joined and have only 4 posts
xtreme 2

Post by xtreme 2 »

If someone supplies me with the originals of the bushing or points me in the direction of where to get them I can.

As far as paying for them, I am about to start making the first set for a customer on AveoClub as soon as they come in from GMPartsDirect.com, and I will have images posted so you can see how they look. Then you send money and I send you the inserts.

Just seeing how many people would be interested...
-- xtreme 2
Owner, Aftermarket Aveo

exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

I would be interested in urethane mounts for the Optra/Forenza, I think there are several other ppl on this forum and suzuki-forums.com that are also interested.
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
xtreme 2

Post by xtreme 2 »

Cool. If you can get me originals or point me in the direction of where I can get them I can get a set whipped up for pictures to generate intrest...
-- xtreme 2
Owner, Aftermarket Aveo

Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

This is the shifter butterfly thing (dont know the real name )

Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

no responce?
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

Slammed wrote:This is the shifter butterfly thing (dont know the real name )

now why would you post that here? that has nothing what so ever with the motor mounts.

i as because i'm working on manufacturing a short shift link. here is the prototype

i'm also interested in seeing how this plays out. a poly insert wouldn't be my first choice but i'm willing to be impressed. i guess my question is mith a molded insert as opposed to complete manufactured mount, how will you keep the insert in place and keep it from vibrating out.

garrett
xtreme 2

Post by xtreme 2 »

It replaced the rubber, and fits in the same way as stock... We are also working on creating a full replacement mount, just waiting on the originals to come in from mikedudley07 on the Aveo board...
-- xtreme 2
Owner, Aftermarket Aveo