Lanos/Aveo short shifter/linkage Group buy

Group Buys... Be 100% sure before trying to start a group buy. Please don't Abuse of this forum.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Brian5475E
Expert

Lanos/Aveo short shifter/linkage Group buy

Post by Brian5475E »

We are organizing a group buy over at the Aveoclub forum. it is for a shortened shifter linkage, like the one Intimadator has. Check it out and let us know

http://aveoclub.proboards26.com/index.c ... 1141668834
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

How much shipped?

I saw 120 for the linkage itself.

Where is V-tunning located? I've never heard of them before. I can through down the money whenever, as long as I know its a quality product.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

around 118 shipped.. It's comming from the UK
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

if it can go down a bit more I can be in too for my Lanos
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

"I have both the short shifter shaft and this linkage short shifter..... sure the shifting is short but the amount of force to move it from gear to gear is suprisingly high."

eh.. im not so sure now that I read that though. Its hard enough to downshift a couple gears on the track.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Vtunning is a UK Vauxhall tunning company... one of the best at it.
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Brian5475E wrote:around 118 shipped.. It's comming from the UK
That's a very good price including shipping..... typically shipping from the UK is horribly expensive.

Like I said before I have both the shortshifter linkage and the 360 Dynamics short shifter (well technically it's the prototype I designed) and the gates are very close together.... and there is more force required to shift.

I think it's just a matter of getting use to it..... I threw my regular shifter back in my Optra and it feels like the shifter is light as a feather.

It also feels like I'm driving a big truck with a 3 foot long floor shifter :smt119

If you guys are interested I suggest you jump on it now.... even if I make a replica later down the road it's probably not going to be much better price wise.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

chris@PrecisionBoost wrote:
Brian5475E wrote:around 118 shipped.. It's comming from the UK
That's a very good price including shipping..... typically shipping from the UK is horribly expensive.

Like I said before I have both the shortshifter linkage and the 360 Dynamics short shifter (well technically it's the prototype I designed) and the gates are very close together.... and there is more force required to shift.

I think it's just a matter of getting use to it..... I threw my regular shifter back in my Optra and it feels like the shifter is light as a feather.

It also feels like I'm driving a big truck with a 3 foot long floor shifter :smt119

If you guys are interested I suggest you jump on it now.... even if I make a replica later down the road it's probably not going to be much better price wise.
How hard is it to shift? Do you think thats a good enough reason for me not to get it or do you think its worth the shorter throws?
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Well.... the throws are closer but so are the gates.... I'm not bad with the stick but I have a hard time figuring out which gear I'm in.

I'm still going to try it out and see.... but the force with the short shifter lever and the short shifter linkage is fairly significant.

I might end up pulling the short shifter lever and going back to a taller shifter to see how it feels.

It's a cheap part.... if I were in your shoes.... I'd pick one up just to see if I liked it..... you can allways sell it to someone else.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
norbie
Expert

Post by norbie »

Sorry, but what exactly is is that's for sale?
1999 3-door HB Lanos 1349cc SOHC - 16" Alloys, Short Ram Intake, Strutbar, Alarm & Remote Locking, Electric Windows, CarPC!
www.norbie.co.uk
whiteraven
Junior

Post by whiteraven »

This still available?? Or does anyone have one (kinkyllama) that I could borrow for a bit. :)