My Lanos - FOR SALE

Buy, Sell or trade... individuals to individuals. Please don't Abuse of this forum.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Rodd1s
Expert

My Lanos - FOR SALE

Post by Rodd1s »

Reluctantly I'm trying to sell my Lanos

Here's the link on Gumtree (for UK guys) http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-moto ... v/95823801

Otherwise, look up my thread in members area for more details.

edit: if anyone from here wants it I'll throw in any spares I have kicking about.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Re: My Lanos - FOR SALE

Post by gse_turbo »

why the decision?
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

Well, my car is due for an MoT (Ministry of Transport) test - a yearly test that all vehicles in the UK must pass (which I'm sure has been mentioned several times on this forum)

Next month when I need to get my MoT test done new rules are being brought in which states that no dash lights are to be illuminated under normal operation, eg: engine light, air bag light, etc.

Currently I have an Airbag light up, and my Check Engine light (because I'm using a Toyota 4-wire lambda sensor - giving a slightly off signal) and I can temporarily disable the engine light with a reset or go through with replacing the sensor again. As for the airbag light, it cannot be reset. And I can't just take the bulb out, because the new test rules state that if a vehicle has airbags, the airbag light must flash while the 'self-test' is being performed and then go out.

That leaves me with 3 options...
1. sell it cheap with out MoT or road tax and let someone else handle the problem and get it thru its MoT test.
2. scrap the vehicle for approx. £100
3. fix it with a new O2 sensor, get the airbags replaced and re-tax and Mot it at a further cost of £300

As much as I love this car it's just not economically viable to keep it. Another alternative is to take it off the road once the raod tax runs out, and work on it for a couple of weeks to try and get it legal'ish, and at the same time replace the crankshaft and conn rods with that from a 1.5 lanos and do all sorts of other work until I'm happy with it. Obviously this all adds to the cost of just fixing it.
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

Found out I can get an MoT test done this month without having to fix the airbag or engine light on the dash, because the new rules don't come in until April...

along with that I've just noticed how cheap Opel/Vauxhall X18XE engines go for... ~£100 :badgrin: