Light weight flywheel - 1.6

Buy, Sell or trade... individuals to individuals. Please don't Abuse of this forum.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Light weight flywheel - 1.6

Post by gse_turbo »

Here is the lightened flywheel from my 1.6. I'm focusing on the 2.0 swap and dont plan on. Needing many 1.6 parts anymore. I have well over $300 in this with lightening, surfacing and balancing. Its been run for a while but is like freshly machined. I'm asking $250 shipped in the states and $275 anywhere else.
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Re: Light weight flywheel - 1.6

Post by gse_turbo »

gse_turbo wrote: The clutch kit is kinda special. The lanos comes stock with an 8.5" kit and because of the design, you can't outright use nothing bigger. This pressure plate and disc is for a Nubira which uses a 9.0" kit. the whole reason for wanting to use the Nubira kit is that I have already design a pressure plate for the Nubira (and like chassis) that has more plate load than stock. The Lanos comes with 1000lbs of plate load, the Nubira comes with about 1200Lbs of plate load and my pressure plate is at 1500Lbs of plate load.
I really love this disc as well, it's a Kevlar puck disc and it drives amazingly! It's more pricey than a ceramic disc but has close but not quite as much hold as a ceramic. Aside from the great holding power, it drives like stock and it is nearly impossible to damage your pressure plate or flywheel which ceramic and sintered iron are known for. Another cool thing about Kevlar is that you can damn near burn it to no and and as soon as it cools it's just about as good as new.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

here are the current pics of the flywheel after having been used.

this is after a year being used with the 4-puck Kevlar disc and +300lb pressure plate. notice that there are no hotspots or glazing.
Attachments
photo-9.JPG
(1.6 MiB) Downloaded 269 times
photo-4.JPG
(2.18 MiB) Downloaded 269 times
photo-6.JPG
(1.77 MiB) Downloaded 269 times
photo-5.JPG
(1.89 MiB) Downloaded 269 times
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

..sorry about the size. I'll try to do something about that.
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

I will include a brand new 4-puck kevlar clutch disc at a very low rate as well. i don't want to advertise the price. if you are interested in the flywheel and disc combo then PM me and I'll give the details.