New Quality Aveo Headers

Buy, Sell or trade... individuals to individuals. Please don't Abuse of this forum.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

xiaogary
Junior

Re: New Quality Aveo Headers

Post by xiaogary »

The original exhaust sensor can be plugged into a hole thats on the header.

Engine check light is taken care of by a exhaust oxygen sensor extension plug. Its plug and play. The O2 sensor extension plug will remove the Check engine light that some may face occasionally if without this extension plug due to detection of too much oxygen (without cat). With this extension, it will detect less oxygen because the sensor is extended further outwards.
Aveo 1.7M DOHC
BASHO

Post by BASHO »

xiaogary wrote:The original exhaust sensor can be plugged into a hole thats on the header.

Engine check light is taken care of by a exhaust oxygen sensor extension plug. Its plug and play. The O2 sensor extension plug will remove the Check engine light that some may face occasionally if without this extension plug due to detection of too much oxygen (without cat). With this extension, it will detect less oxygen because the sensor is extended further outwards.
:) Ah Ha--ok , let me see if I've got this right--
1/The upstream 02 sensor in the OE cast cylinder head manifold moves to the position occupied by the downstream sensor in the aftercat exhaust pipe section with the aid if an extension to the electrial connection.
2/The cat gets the heave-ho. :chain:
3/And the after cat O2 sensor displaced by the before cat 02 sensor goes-- :?:
4/nope I still aint gottit. :cry:
sheepdizildawg
Expert

Post by sheepdizildawg »

well what i am guessing is the first o2 sensor is just moved down a little. the second o2 sensor will throw an engine light because of no pre cat, i know, it happened to me. just fixed it today actually. to get rid of the check engine light for no pre cat, i got two sparkplug non-foulers, and extended the o2 sensor out so it wouldnt get as much exhaust in return not throwing a check engine light
go here and read about it
http://www.energeticforum.com/renewable ... ulers.html
wilsonjoel

Post by wilsonjoel »

i would like to buy a header for a chevrolet aveo 2005. i would like to know if you have any for sale. i like the one i saw in pics. im looking for one that is of reasonable price.
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

I have my long tube 4-2-1 header for sale. i'm not sure on the price though.
2woo4you0

Post by 2woo4you0 »

sheepdizildawg wrote:well what i am guessing is the first o2 sensor is just moved down a little. the second o2 sensor will throw an engine light because of no pre cat, i know, it happened to me. just fixed it today actually. to get rid of the check engine light for no pre cat, i got two sparkplug non-foulers, and extended the o2 sensor out so it wouldnt get as much exhaust in return not throwing a check engine light
go here and read about it
http://www.energeticforum.com/renewable ... ulers.html
That doesn't always work though. When I had my Reno I did a full exhaust as well as a few others. Some had the o2 sensor extension work all the time, some worked until they raced or reved, Kinkys only worked with gas friendly driving. Mine worked as long as I stayed below ~3200rpm. I tried a few lengths with no success and Kinky said he tried many from short, long, shorter or longer with different degrees of a bend as well as straight. I know that's the Forenza/reno but I've read the same thing with several other cars. I've also read with some cars it almost always works. Just thought I'd let you know. Oh also forgot Kinky never got it to work great but he got it working best by changing the size of the hole in the spark plug non-fouler. The hole that allows the exhaust gas to still get to the o2 sensor. His car was also more modded than anyone elses that wasn't successful with the o2 sensor extension.
sheepdizildawg
Expert

Post by sheepdizildawg »

im running one on my gti, works great. And it is highly modified. But I do agree that its a hit and miss if it works on certain cars.