nothing new, just a bump to find it later, gse_turbo

Buy, Sell or trade... individuals to individuals. Please don't Abuse of this forum.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Do you have the EBAY link??

Was it sold with all the accessories removed or as above in the pictures??

Hmmm.... $1800 for a hatchback was a good price.... too bad the site was down and we weren't able to get the info that it was on ebay :cry:
debo890
Super

Post by debo890 »

bidder has not paid nor replyed so it could still be up for grabs if bidder dont pay by monday. still selling car but without rims, subwoofer, and sony sound system for $1800 if bidder dont respond.
got drift?
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

do you have the stock head unit?
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

debo890 wrote:bidder has not paid nor replyed so it could still be up for grabs if bidder dont pay by monday. still selling car but without rims, subwoofer, and sony sound system for $1800 if bidder dont respond.
So..... did the guy who won the bid get in touch with you??

I'm still interested.... I might be coming down east on a business trip this spring..... I have about $2000 USD in my account but I bought it when the US/CDN exchange was close to 1.38 so I'm not sure if I want to use it and take the loss or wait until the US dollar gains against the Canadian Dollar (if that ever happens)(presently the exchange is at 1.22 so I'd loose about 16% of my money by using it now)

I wish you all hadn't voted in Bush..... as long as he's in power the US economy is going to continue to suck. I say "BRING BACK CLINTON" .... I mean who cares if the guy had a few BJ's here and there.... he's was the leader of the free world !!! If he's not entitled to have a little fun who is?? Compared to the fun John F Kennedy had Clinton looks like a saint.

PS.... I hope nobody is offended by this.... I don't have a high opinion of Bush... and Kerry wasn't much of a choice either.
Last edited by PrecisionBoost on Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

Erfinder wrote:I don't have a high opinion of Bush... and Kerry wasn't much of a choice either.
Agreed.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
debo890
Super

Post by debo890 »

it is tuesday and i have heard nothing from this guy. anybody who wants the car can have it for $1800 w/o rims , and sound system.
got drift?
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

So it died from oil starvation.... is it totally dead or is it still driveable ??

Do you have any idea what is damaged??

You mentioned that you would consider keeping it around if I were unable to make it down there until spring..... is this still possible??

What would you want for a downpayment to take it off the market?? ( some,all,none)

So your in Rhode Island.....are you near Pawtucket?

Hmmm.... looks like an 8 to 10 hr drive from outside the Toronto area.

I guess I should see if I will have a problem bringing in a USA with a dead engine.... I was thinking that I'd bring it in as "parts" but it would be nice to make it street legal for a little while..... perhaps I can bring it in under the "show car" status.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Hmmmm..... I wonder how hard it would be to stuff a running 1.6L in there and bring it back.... I could get one prepped and do the swap on my trailer ( I would drive down with my 3/4Ton Suburban and a big equipment trailer... so I could bring down a hoist tools and an engine )

I will have to dig around on Car-part.com to see how much they want.... perhaps I can even get one off the guys in Montana.... they were great to us with the 2.0L Nubira engine I picked up this summer.

That sure would make it easy for us to tear a 1.6L apart and get a good look at the performance modifications for the A16DMS.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

It looks like there are a couple of 2.0L in Rhode Island for around $500USD and a 1.6L for $375USD.... I suppose a 2.0L transplant would be quick and easy.... a 1.6L would require different engine mounts from Europe or Korea (where the 1.6L was standard in the Nubira) and the electrical compatibility is questionable.

What would you charge me to drop a 2.0L engine in???

If I could simply fly there... pick up the car and drive back it would make things a whole lot easier... I could do all my work stuff on the way back through Eastern Canada ( and write off mileage in the process )

My Suburban gets horrible gas mileage... 2600 miles..... say 19 MPG on the way down and 15 MPG on the way back.

That's 137 Gallons for the trip down and 173 Gallons on the way back.

That would be about 310 Gallons of fuel...... so it's probably way cheaper to fly down and drive back.
debo890
Super

Post by debo890 »

So it died from oil starvation.... is it totally dead or is it still driveable ??
yes it died from oil starvation. i had low oil pressure.
Do you have any idea what is damaged??
no. but i have a feeling that something from the crank let loose. cause i either have a busted block or oil pan.
You mentioned that you would consider keeping it around if I were unable to make it down there until spring..... is this still possible??
yes, it is still possible, but it is mostly on first come, first serve(frist person to pay). trying to be fair.

What would you want for a downpayment to take it off the market?? ( some,all,none)
some of the money. about 1/4 or 1/2 of total payment to hold and balance at pick up.
So your in Rhode Island.....are you near Pawtucket?
:lol: i am in pawtucket off newport ave.
I wonder how hard it would be to stuff a running 1.6L in there and bring it back
you are better off sticking a 2.2l in there with the turbo that is already there. more torque and horsepower that the 2.0l at same boost. if i have it long enough to save up some money, i do just that and race it at the tracks(then it would not be for sale anymore). or you can just go with the 2.0l.
What would you charge me to drop a 2.0L engine in???
about $800 - 1100 with my mechanic(i am not that advanced yet). $800-900 with the nubi engine and $900-1100 with the legi engine, all with the turbo setup and charge pipe disconected(no injector upgrade and safc not tunned).
got drift?
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I allready have a 2.2L (16V) a 2.0L (16V) and a 2.0L (8V turbo).... the only engine I don't have is the 1.6L (16V).

The 1.6L swap would be hard to do unless I found a place to work on it in doors for a couple of days.... the 2.0L would be easy by comparison since all the mounts and electrical are the exact same.

I think an allready prepared 2.0L could be swapped in about 4 to 6 hours as long as everything went good and air tools/compressor were available

Hmmm.... I have to do some thinking on this one.... I was also looking at a couple of other Daewoo vehicles with dead engines.... most had damaged to the head.... which is a billion times easer to replace than a complete engine.... a head would only take a couple of hours.

It doesn't look like the car has to be running for me to import it.... I have 45 days to get it federally inspected.

But given the price of Gasoline to get down there and back is about $400 to $500 more than a one way flight it's tempting to buy an engine down there and get it fixed up to drive home.

I dunno.... it sure would have been easier if the engine wasn't damaged. :?
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

nothing new here, just wanted to bump so I can find it and read it later.

Garrett