2001 Daewoo Lanos Sport in CT **$1,500**

Buy, Sell or trade... individuals to individuals. Please don't Abuse of this forum.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

well power everything that came on the lanos, thats what i ment, sorry.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Update.

I am picking up my new car tomorrow, so this one will go on the side of the road, unless someone really wants it here. Come on guys, it's only $1,500... you won't find this deal anywhere else.
Last edited by AcingTeam on Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

AcingTeam wrote:Update. Went to Autozone, and reset the code. I have been driving for over 2 days with the check engine light off, and doesn't come on anymore. Not sure what that was all about.

I am picking up my new car tomorrow, so this one will go on the side of the road, unless someone really wants it here. Come on guys, it's only $1,500... you won't find this deal anywhere else.
ughh. The only bid I've gotten with good feedback or feedback at all is $1200 shipped. . . :roll:
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

kinkyllama wrote:
AcingTeam wrote:Update. Went to Autozone, and reset the code. I have been driving for over 2 days with the check engine light off, and doesn't come on anymore. Not sure what that was all about.

ughh. The only bid I've gotten with good feedback or feedback at all is $1200 shipped. . . :roll:
:smt085
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

AcingTeam wrote:
:smt085
I guess put it on the corner, if I get a good shipping price then I'll snatch it up. With my engine it took a week to get any bids lower than $385, and now I'm getting bids for as cheap as $215 partially insured.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Hmmm... CT to AZ is about 2500 miles and probably about 35 hours of driving.

I you found someone to either:

A) Fly from AZ to CT and drive the car back
or
B) drive the car to AZ and fly back to CT

it would probably cost you about $150 in gas and two days worth of hotels ( so say another $150 )

Then probably around $100 worth of food and drinks

Flight from New Haven CT to Phoenix AZ is about $160 one way on Priceline.com

So that's about $560 so far..... and with 12 to 13 hour days at $15 an hour that's another $500 to $600

So even if you had someone who could make the trip.... it would probably end up costing you around $1200 anyways.

Even at $2700 it's still a fair deal and a nice car for the price.

Hey Kinky..... when you were getting quotes did you ever think of getting it from New York to your place in AZ???

New York is only about 80 miles from where AcingTeam lives...... or even Newark which is 90 miles.... which might be even cheaper and easier to get the car dropped off at.

Newark is a major shipping hub city..... you might even be able to get it to Phoeniz via train for cheap if the car can be taken to a yard in Newark.

Right on the first page he said he'd be willing to travel up to 100 miles...... so Newark would be within his driving distance.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Thank you for the input Chris. ;)

I definitely don't have the time to make that kind of a trip right now, my final semester has just begun. But surely, I would be able to drop the car off at one of those locations if it lowers the shipping price.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

PrecisionBoost wrote:Hmmm... CT to AZ is about 2500 miles and probably about 35 hours of driving.

I you found someone to either:

A) Fly from AZ to CT and drive the car back
or
B) drive the car to AZ and fly back to CT

it would probably cost you about $150 in gas and two days worth of hotels ( so say another $150 )

Then probably around $100 worth of food and drinks

Flight from New Haven CT to Phoenix AZ is about $160 one way on Priceline.com

So that's about $560 so far..... and with 12 to 13 hour days at $15 an hour that's another $500 to $600

So even if you had someone who could make the trip.... it would probably end up costing you around $1200 anyways.

Even at $2700 it's still a fair deal and a nice car for the price.

Hey Kinky..... when you were getting quotes did you ever think of getting it from New York to your place in AZ???

New York is only about 80 miles from where AcingTeam lives...... or even Newark which is 90 miles.... which might be even cheaper and easier to get the car dropped off at.

Newark is a major shipping hub city..... you might even be able to get it to Phoeniz via train for cheap if the car can be taken to a yard in Newark.

Right on the first page he said he'd be willing to travel up to 100 miles...... so Newark would be within his driving distance.
There's no way in hell I'd drive the car back, dont have the time and I've never driven very long alone--wouldn't wanna do that.

I know even with 1200 shipping it's a good deal but I'd be replacing the wheels, exhaust, lowering springs, seats, and interior anyways so it's kind of wasted money.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Alright.... sorry Kinky, but I sold the car today. It sounded like you weren't really sure about buying so I guess it's ok. But yeah, I put in on the side of the road last night, and it's gone today. Oh well... The guy really liked it and said that he was going to do a lot to it. A lot of detail work especially, so I guess it all worked out.
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

;)
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

AcingTeam wrote:Alright.... sorry Kinky, but I sold the car today. It sounded like you weren't really sure about buying so I guess it's ok. But yeah, I put in on the side of the road last night, and it's gone today. Oh well... The guy really liked it and said that he was going to do a lot to it. A lot of detail work especially, so I guess it all worked out.
It's all good. Now if I can find a lanos for the same price with the same miles locally I'll be happy
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport