Only 153 Miles to the tank!!!

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

2kWoo

Only 153 Miles to the tank!!!

Post by 2kWoo »

:cry: :cry: :cry: It seems so impossible that I only get 153 miles to a full tank of gas. Does anyone know why? I bought this 2000 Nubira SE to try and save money....lol At this rate I doubt I can. Any help....tips......anything....please help. Thanks in advance to all!
buzzedtop

Post by buzzedtop »

Go have a mechanic take a look. You shouldn't be getting that poor of gas mileage, even if you're lead-footing it and only in the city. Something is probably wrong.

All sorts of things can cause poor gas mileage including:
improperly inflated tires, emmisions system problem, timing, etc, etc, etc...

Do yourself a favor and just have someone take a look at it.
2kWoo

fuel

Post by 2kWoo »

Yes, I will be taking it to a garage soon. I have only had the car for 4 weeks and each fill-up has been the same. 153 miles for the tank. It just seems so odd since the car is almost new, looks and drives good, and only has 22000 miles on it. I am kinda stumped. I thought that the cold in NY had a little to do with it, but not enuff to justify this. Will any GM dealerships help with this matter, or should I bring it to any garage? what is covered in the original warranty? How much am I to pay out of pocket? Any more help would be great!
buzzedtop

Post by buzzedtop »

Take it to a Daewoo dealership/service center. GM dealerships won't know anything about it. www.daewoous.com has a dealership locator that still works.

Unless you bought the car new, or got some kind of used-car warranty from the place you got it, the warranty is now void (reselling a car generally kills the warranty.)

So, you will most likely be paying everything out-of-pocket.

The Daewoo service center will have a "step-by-step" checklist for fixing this issue. Again, it could be a lot of different things.
Mfree

Post by Mfree »

I'm willing to bet you have a leak somewhere.

How much gas is going into the 153 mile tank? if it's anything more than 10 gallons, it *has* to be a leak, or the car would be undriveably rich, or you'd notice some kind of drag on the vehicle or loss of performance, etc.

~6 gallons at 153 miles is 25 mpg.
ETR-SCCA 42HS Daewoo Leganza SE
buzzedtop

Post by buzzedtop »

He's probably right. I hadn't done the math, but it shouldn't be using twice as much gas as a "standard" Nubira. Either a leak or maybe the tank isn't filling up all the way (I know... that sounds silly.. but its possible.) How large is the tank? (or.. how large do you THINK the tank is)
2kWoo

Tank fill up

Post by 2kWoo »

I dont see a leak any where on the ground at all. I am putting around 12 gallons in each fill up. It usually cost me close to $24.00. I will be getting it looked at soon, but I am a bit confused on the warranty. I was told when I bought it that Daewoo would honor the warranty til the car reached 36000 miles. I just hit 23000 miles, so I would imagine that a warranty is still available. I also have a small leak from the front of the car, a clear liquid of sorts that also need fixing. If anyone has more info on the leak, miles, or warranty please let me know. Thanks guys!
buzzedtop

Post by buzzedtop »

Regarding the front leak: Are you sure it isn't water from the AC? When you run the air conditioning, its very normal for water to drip off and onto the ground. This is completely normal and nothing to worry about.
2kWoo

Post by 2kWoo »

I don't think its water as the liquid feels like its a tad thicker. I have not turned on the AC as I live in NY and it has been very cold. Right now I am trying to get a local dealer to honor the warranty before I pay out of pocket. This is very frustrating........hope they come to some agreement soon.