oil leak need help please

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

jcutsh

oil leak need help please

Post by jcutsh »

Hay fellows,
Am I glad to find a Woo site or what?
Ok my problem, I have am oil leak located just below the oil pressure switch (2000 lagenza, 2.2 L L4 D-tec). The oil comes thru a horizontal hole which is part of the engine block. This hole is just to the left of the oil filter and just below the pressure switch. Oil pours thru this hole at a rate of about 6 drops a minute at idle. Pressure switch is dry, filter is dry. I am old now and don't have the eyes I use to. Everything is in the way, steering, alt. intake etc. I cant feel any oil above the hole. Mirror inspection reveals nothing. Any ideas would help. I never seen a 2.2 out of the car so I don't know what it looks like. I supected the oil pump housing or the front seal. No oil is being slung anywhere. It just drips. Can't find a manual, haven't found a picture. I could use a book if anyone has one.
Ok thats all I know. Love the car 65k and first problem, but my real love is my turbo miata (300hp). :D Lots of fun.

Thanks for the help guys.

jcutsh
dawhat

Post by dawhat »

I had a simular leak.
Is it a plug in the block, like a small freze plug(press in), or is it like a diff plug(screw in).
Eather way if it is under warr. I would take it back to the dealer. If not you want to make sure there is not anything behind the plug that will fall or pop out.
By the way it took the dealer 6 months to fix mine because they would not listen to me when I told them were it was leaking from.
DAWHAT
DEATHBYNUMBERS