RPMS slow to drop between gear changes

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

simon609zp

RPMS slow to drop between gear changes

Post by simon609zp »

Just wondering if anyone else had experienced this. 2001 Lanos S, 1.6 liter, 5 speed. When accelerating hard especially the rpms are very slow to drop leaving the engine racing when you engage the next gear. Any suggestions for a cure would be appreciated,

PS The car is currently bone stock.
dawhat

Post by dawhat »

How many mile on you car.
It may need throttle service.

Oh with a stick you want to keep the rpms up between shifts
DAWHAT
DEATHBYNUMBERS
simon609zp

Post by simon609zp »

The car just turned 2000 miles - I have only had it a month. It was a leftover that I got a great deal on.
Mfree

Post by Mfree »

You can thank emissions control for this... it keeps the RPM's from dropping too quickly and dumping a load of fuel out the exhaust.
ETR-SCCA 42HS Daewoo Leganza SE
dawhat

Post by dawhat »

Mike is on the mark with this
If you fell it staying up there to long just pull the air tube and shot a little gum out in the throttle while someone gives it gas.
that should take care of it.
But it will stay a little higher between shifts.
DAWHAT
DEATHBYNUMBERS
gti_7

Post by gti_7 »

would having a heavy flywheel also have something to do with this? again for fuel efficiency..

Bernard
Mfree

Post by Mfree »

My vehicle certainly doesn't have a heavy flywheel... that would show up in clutch feel.

Besides, a heavy flywheel won't exhibit the same way, i.e. my car, if you rev it in neutral and remove your foot from the throttle the engine will hang at that RPM for a half second or sometimes even keep accelerating for a moment.
ETR-SCCA 42HS Daewoo Leganza SE
frank-pr-daewoo-#1

Post by frank-pr-daewoo-#1 »

yes my friends its very slow to drop rpm , that thank to the ecu programation, ecu have a descelaration mode,i fix daewoos on a authorized daewoo dealer,if you have some :?: askme i try to help you :!: . i have inf. for 1.5lt 8valves, 1.6lt 16valves=lanos,2.0lt 16valves=nubira and leganza, 2.2lt16valves =leganza :lol: :!:
tango

Post by tango »

GLAD TO HAVE YOU! We all need your help from time to time. Man, I don't even know where to start! Gonna install a turbo tomorow. I have the 1.5L 8v I'll let you know how it goes. But still, I have a question. My car has a knocking problem that I can't seem to solve. The fuel/air is fine, as is the ignition timing. What do you think may be the problem? I plan to retard the timing if necessary tomorrow to prevent this, but would like your input on the possibilities. Thanks...Once again, Welcome aboard...

~Tango.
Cogito ergo sum...
frank-pr-daewoo-#1

Post by frank-pr-daewoo-#1 »

tango,here in puerto rico the lanos 1.5 have the same problem knoking, andit no turbo man, one of the diference betwen 1.5 and 1.6 the 1.6 have a knoksensor , and the 1.5 no have,and the sparkadvance (timing)its very faster than the 1.6dohc,maybe you need a sparkretard control , sorry my english is no too good,or check air to fuel mix with a exhaust temp gauge, i recomend greedy is more exactlyreedings,letme check for other alternatives, i tell you as soon as posible :mrgreen: go woo