The First Egyptian 2.0 engine swap into a Nubira ***TUNED***

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

karim
Junior

Post by karim »

No the Si is the 92 model 1.6L DOHC 130hp and the Si that you are talking about is called here SiR 1.6L DOHC Vtec 160hp
and I used to drive one and that is a hell of a car damn fast.
Efrain A. wrote:
mmamdouh wrote:the Si doesn't have a chance as it doesn't pump as mouch torque as the 2.0

MMamdouh
Si... 1.6 DOHC VTEC?

:roll:
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

karim wrote:No the Si is the 92 model 1.6L DOHC 130hp and the Si that you are talking about is called here SiR 1.6L DOHC Vtec 160hp
Efrain A. wrote:
mmamdouh wrote:the Si doesn't have a chance as it doesn't pump as mouch torque as the 2.0

MMamdouh
Si... 1.6 DOHC VTEC?

Don't those cars have like NO torque? (111 lbs/ft @ 7000 RPM) They're still quick?
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

thats my point, out car is much better in the torque department... anyways the black top is going to decide that.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
karim
Junior

Post by karim »

True not much torque but these engines are made as sports engine and don't forget it's vtec and red line is 8000rpm, so the high end is very good, as for me I prefer hp then torque, it's like the american cars so much torque and you find japanese car will beat it easly.

AcingTeam wrote:
karim wrote:No the Si is the 92 model 1.6L DOHC 130hp and the Si that you are talking about is called here SiR 1.6L DOHC Vtec 160hp
Efrain A. wrote: Si... 1.6 DOHC VTEC?

Don't those cars have like NO torque? (111 lbs/ft @ 7000 RPM) They're still quick?
genie47
Junior

Post by genie47 »

AcingTeam wrote:
Efrain A. wrote: Si... 1.6 DOHC VTEC?

I wouldn't say they got no torque. Depends on the driver. If he is evil, he will keep the revs really high up to keep the VTEC kicked in for incredulous amount of torque. In the technical department he can cheat too by installing the VAFC to tweak when the VTEC kicks in.
Zikas

the NOS

Post by Zikas »

hello guys i think the cars with 1.8 /160HP and NOS are much faster coz they give and immediate boost so i think it will kick the 2.0 immediately
Zikas The Great (Nubira)
karim
Junior

Re: the NOS

Post by karim »

People who use NOS they always look for real fast cars to race against, Nos can give from 25hp-200hp. We are waiting for big review of your 2.0.
Zikas wrote:hello guys i think the cars with 1.8 /160HP and NOS are much faster coz they give and immediate boost so i think it will kick the 2.0 immediately
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

yeah the NOS car will be so damn fast... the VTEC however will be intresting thing to see against the 2.0, if the guy is not revs crazy he will lose.

MMamdouh
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

mmamdouh...

Hold on your horses here..

that 1.8 has 160 HP + NOS? ... sorry but you guys will lose badly...

i did 15.4 with my old 2.0 8v (100hp) and 50 HP of NOS...

about the Civic SiR... sorry again... an SiR is the in mid-high 15s... why have a VTEC or any engine if you're not going to rev it to the limit... mine is a 145 lb.ft of torque engine... and loves to rev...

but Hondas have way better gearing... thats the bonus on them...
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
karim
Junior

Post by karim »

The 1.8 Lancer is Mivec which is like Vtec and stock is 175hp and that's 37hp more than Nubira 2.0L. We are waiting :lol:
mmamdouh wrote:yeah the NOS car will be so damn fast... the VTEC however will be intresting thing to see against the 2.0, if the guy is not revs crazy he will lose.

MMamdouh
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

Efrain A. wrote:mmamdouh...

thats what i said.. the Lancer is much lighter, pumps as uch horses as the Nubira's 2.0 and it got NOS... how can we beat that?? it will be intresting to see the stopping distance on that lancer though... the guy did noupgrades on the brakes so how can a braking system built for a 1.3 engine and 945 kgm worth of car stop that beast??
Efrain A. wrote: about the Civic SiR... sorry again... an SiR is the in mid-high 15s... why have a VTEC or any engine if you're not going to rev it to the limit... mine is a 145 lb.ft of torque engine... and loves to rev...

again thats what i said... the civic driver has to be rev crazy... probably i will do the driving 'cause i always rev to the red line in all gears, yet again all thease are speculations... the real thing will be decided on the black top.

MMamdouh
karim
Junior

Post by karim »

The 1.8L has 175hp and 75hp of NOS

i did 15.4 with my old 2.0 8v (100hp) and 50 HP of NOS...

about the Civic SiR... sorry again... an SiR is the in mid-high 15s... why have a VTEC or any engine if you're not going to rev it to the limit... mine is a 145 lb.ft of torque engine... and loves to rev...

karim
Junior

Post by karim »

Don't worry he will not use the NOS :), he has upgraded his brakes from 1.6 model.

He doesn't have to rev like crazy once he hits 5600 and the vtec kicks in it's Saynora you guys.

mmamdouh wrote:

thats what i said.. the Lancer is much lighter, pumps as uch horses as the Nubira's 2.0 and it got NOS... how can we beat that?? it will be intresting to see the stopping distance on that lancer though... the guy did noupgrades on the brakes so how can a braking system built for a 1.3 engine and 945 kgm worth of car stop that beast??
Efrain A. wrote: about the Civic SiR... sorry again... an SiR is the in mid-high 15s... why have a VTEC or any engine if you're not going to rev it to the limit... mine is a 145 lb.ft of torque engine... and loves to rev...

again thats what i said... the civic driver has to be rev crazy... probably i will do the driving 'cause i always rev to the red line in all gears, yet again all thease are speculations... the real thing will be decided on the black top.

MMamdouh
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

after replacing crappy fuel lines, putting Mobil 1 engine oil, brand new platinum spark plugs, repaired an exhaust leak and most of the junk off the trunk the car topped over 220 km/h... the speedometer markings are up to 220 km/h so no idea exactly how fast it went but it is over 220 km/h and 0-100 km/h in 8 seconds flat.

MMamdouh
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

i had a gtech once...

did 14.97 at the 1/4 mile, 2.5 60ft... and 6.7 in 0 to 60mph
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph