The First Egyptian 2.0 engine swap into a Nubira ***TUNED***

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Fishbone

Post by Fishbone »

Congrats on all the hard work bearing fruit! Fortunately my Nubira already came with the 2.0L so no skinned knuckles for me! :D

BTW my top speed is right at 200km/hr (129hp 2.0L)
2000 Nubira SX
2005 Mitsu Ralli//art
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

we currently have a CAI K&N filter, triple paltinum Split fire sprk plugs, 8.8mm twin core split fire spark plug cables and a chocochip... i guess that contributed to the better performance we currently have.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

managed to get this pic... only one with all tem members in it and the flash finally worked:

MMamdouh
nefary
Junior

Post by nefary »

Hi all.
I am back after along fight with my Internet Service Provider now all proplems sovled

that is an excellent job. now I can decide to an engine swap in the first chance avaliable . cool work guys

I want to know some information about the NOS lancer
from where , how much & like that stuff . I went to a shop called CAR BOYS but i didnt find the technical there . the shop have a NOS logo and many performance logos.So if it is avaliable here in egypt we may make a daewoo 350Z!

a.k.n
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

car boys is where we got quoted 3350 LE for a set of KONI shocks... they are expensive as hell.

as for the NOS lancer you can ask karim for thaty as he knows the car better than me... most probably people buy their own NOS kit from outside the country.

MMamdouh
nefary
Junior

Post by nefary »

I thought that but this is not the proplem
refill???

a.k.n
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

get it filled from a hospital... it is basicly laughing gas.

MMamdouh
karim
Junior

Post by karim »

Hi,

I think the NOS is about 3000 pounds, and it cost about 40 pounds to refill. To be in safe way is not to add alot of NOS hp in your car you can start with 25hp and go up, but 25hp i think will be safe for all cars. I am thinking of myself of buying one but maybe at the end of the year.

nefary wrote:I thought that but this is not the proplem
refill???

a.k.n
karim
Junior

Post by karim »

How did you measure the 0-60, and 8sec flat and that's very good for a heavy car.

MMamdouh wrote:after replacing crappy fuel lines, putting Mobil 1 engine oil, brand new platinum spark plugs, repaired an exhaust leak and most of the junk off the trunk the car topped over 220 km/h... the speedometer markings are up to 220 km/h so no idea exactly how fast it went but it is over 220 km/h and 0-100 km/h in 8 seconds flat.

MMamdouh
karim
Junior

Post by karim »

I paid before 2500 for my set of Konis, they are $$ now because our beautfull pounds is f...... low :lol:
MMamdouh wrote:car boys is where we got quoted 3350 LE for a set of KONI shocks... they are expensive as hell.

as for the NOS lancer you can ask karim for thaty as he knows the car better than me... most probably people buy their own NOS kit from outside the country.

MMamdouh
karim
Junior

Post by karim »

Yo Mamdouh I love your ice cap :D
MMamdouh wrote:managed to get this pic... only one with all tem members in it and the flash finally worked:

MMamdouh
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

karim wrote:How did you measure the 0-60, and 8sec flat and that's very good for a heavy car.

MMamdouh wrote:after replacing crappy fuel lines, putting Mobil 1 engine oil, brand new platinum spark plugs, repaired an exhaust leak and most of the junk off the trunk the car topped over 220 km/h... the speedometer markings are up to 220 km/h so no idea exactly how fast it went but it is over 220 km/h and 0-100 km/h in 8 seconds flat.

MMamdouh
all the junk out of the car, empty space with nice,clean and smooth tarmak, stop watch strapped to the steering wheel and the counr begins.

MMamdouh
MMamdouh

TUNED AT LAST!

Post by MMamdouh »

I KNEW THE DAMN VGIS CONTROL WAS MESSING UP THE CAR!

i was damn sure of that... you can feel the car very much restricted at low revs up to some 3500 to 4000 RPM and suddenly it fires up, i thought that the only thing that really changs at that speed is the VGIS and since we had vaccum lines problems thei it must be the VGIS control got messed up into the conventional engine vacuum lines and caused this.

also what made my thoughts more acceptable the fact that the A/C controls (that are vacuum controled) are not working at all... no doubt the c\vacuum lines are a complete mess.

me and Zikas went today to the mechanic to check the car and luckly ther was a2.0 leganza and a 1.6 nubira at the shop so we got all the refrences we needed to sort out our problems.

basicly we had too many extra vacuum lines from the VGIS of the old 1.6, one vacuum canster, one extra vacuum solinoid, vacuum line from the MAP and one more from the EGR... i can't recall how the wrong setup was but basicly both solinoids were connected to almost every thing so i guess nothing was working right till the VGIS kicks in and opens the solinoid then things start to be good.

also the problem is the 2.0 on the leganza uses no MAP sensor... or at least not the conventional one on the mid of the fire wall so that was an extra vacuum line that needed a port and none are available on the TB, the leganza engine uses a sensor on the manifold itself... no idea if that is a MAP sensor or something else that does a similar job... anyways we couldn't fir the MAP sensor's socket to that other sensor so we had to keep the conventional MAP working.

we disregarded the VGIS solinoid and its canester completly and started to connect things as they were on the 2.0 leggy... we ended up with one extra vacuum line for the MAP... we got a Y shaped junction to make an extra port for the MAP sensor and fitted all the lines in the right place.

we started the engine and it ran fine, idles smoothly and no CEL, the A/C controls are now working great, so far so good but the main concern is the performance on the road, we had to test the car when pushed hard from low revs.

the performance difference is dramatic... the car gained much torque at low revs that you can actually spin the tires at first gear by simply poaking the throttle in the old days you felt like driving a 1.5 engined car till you hit 3500 RPM then it switches to 2.0... felt that too many times when i was testing on the day we dropped the engine in the car and many times when Zikas was driving, now all that is a thing of the past and the 2.0 is giving all it has got.

i am sure this won't affect the car's top speed but i am sure as hell it affects the 0-100 time... we will update that soon.

MMamdouh
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

sweet. im glad to year you got it running right. im jealous!

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
Joso
Super

Post by Joso »

Hey, good job you did there. I'm jealous too!

And for the test, did you strip all the interior of the car expect driver seat or what?