Engine Drop

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

FoRk
Junior

Engine Drop

Post by FoRk »

Sup all,
im thinkin of a engine drop in my car, seeing how some people have done it, but...i want to drop something else but a woo engine in my lanos. :shock: got any ideas??? :? alright thanks

Jay :twisted: 8)
95 Eclipse GS-Turbo
mods: Greddy Type-S BOV, Greddy Intercooler Piping, Injen Intake, Act 2100 Clutch, Act Xact flywheel, Apexi N1 Downpipe and Catback Exhaust, MCB Set to 16 PSI, BuddyClub2 Bodykit (Not Installed) and Greddy FMIC(not installed)
tango

Post by tango »

Given enough money, you can put ANY engine in ANY car. I've seen a Chevy small block in a Volkswagen Beetle! Money is usually the ONLY decisive factor when it comes to engine swapping. Jason, of former Team SR and Daewootech Yahoo Group has successfully dropped a Nubira engine in his Lanos. Cost him a pretty penny and an initial loss of his a/c (should have sorted that out by now). If I were to do an engine swap, I would probably go for the Vauxhall/Opel 2.0 16v turbo (essentially a Nubira 2.0 with a turbo). And try to drop in the 4wd system from the Astra/Kadett. :D but if it had to be a totally different engine, I would go for the Volkswagen VR6 2.9 (as used in the Corrado). Have NO idea if it could work, mind you..but if I had money to spare....why not?
Cogito ergo sum...
FoRk
Junior

Post by FoRk »

I was talking to a guy at my work, who has a integra gsr(very sexy car) anyways he knows a shop that could probley drop a civic siR b16a engine in my woo. he said it would probley run from around 4000 - 5000. i know its a honda engine, but 160hp dohc vtec is kinda sexy, and in a woo 8) what do you guys think???
95 Eclipse GS-Turbo
mods: Greddy Type-S BOV, Greddy Intercooler Piping, Injen Intake, Act 2100 Clutch, Act Xact flywheel, Apexi N1 Downpipe and Catback Exhaust, MCB Set to 16 PSI, BuddyClub2 Bodykit (Not Installed) and Greddy FMIC(not installed)
tango

Post by tango »

Listen Fork. I don't know if you know. But the point of driving a 'Woo is to make (primarily) Honda guys suffer. So you don't go around bolting in THEIR engines. Drop in anything else. Must admit that I (just me) wouldn't give the same props to you if you made a Daewoo engine (any one) work. Innmy opinion. Don't do it! Tell them to piss off with their Honda engine. Honestly you're probably better off with a Neon engine! Don't disregard them. Read about a convo....cams alone and got big power! Near 180hp from 150hp stock! Those engines are very under-engineeered out the factory, so you can fiddle. But no Honda.
Cogito ergo sum...
FoRk
Junior

Post by FoRk »

lol, like i said before, it was just a thought, i didnt mean to offend ya, if i did anyways.... but ya i think im just going to keep the woo engine in there, it to much for a drop. anyways my friend said he wants to buy my car, and fix it up, im still thinkin about it, but i dont know what to get to replace it.........ideas???
95 Eclipse GS-Turbo