Lanos timing adjustment...more power?

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

chris

Post by chris »

I am planning on nos....its cheaper.....but thats not until spring or summer...winters get bad up here.....im still working on getting my body kit from www.sharkracing.com so far i got some mods but its never enough.....got the rims (17 inch enkie's) got the system, got the neons inside and just got the underbosy kit from my wife for xmas.....but now i need speed......does any one know of this shark racing place......is it legit? still kinda leary about buying a body kit from across the country with my credit card......
screw civic i got a woo!
subachad

Post by subachad »

tango wrote:Sure....Chad has PLANS to turbo his car. But even he has the same problem ultimately like everybody else, including myself...no money!! :lol:
Shit...I'm telling ya! It's a good thing "Thou shalt not be POOR!" isn't one of the TEN COMMANDMENTS... :lol:

You are right, I do (or did anyway) have plans of turboing the car. Unfortunately my mom needed a car and I have two so I gave her the Woo. I might get it back, but probably not. I think I'm going to build a spec Rx7 and get into club racing. I still have the pipe for the turbo and an extra turbo lying around. Not to mention the other goodies to complete the exhaust work, so I might just borrow the WOO for a day to complete the exhaust and then sell the pipes to someone else.

Chad
www.uniquemotorsports.com
Check out my site at www.uniquemotorsports.com
tango

Post by tango »

Way to go Chad. I remember you telling me this before. I'm a little down about it becasue I was looking forward to both of us getting our projects sorted around the same time (maybe even a friendly race to accomplishment?) But that's okay...I understand. Hope you stay with us anyway. Your experience with the car is invaluable. Take it easy, Buddy.
Cogito ergo sum...
jjmeier

DOHC timing belt issue!

Post by jjmeier »

All, I just had an issue with my DOHC 16V 1.6 engine's timing belt actually losing a section of rubber teeth, throwing the timing off, and essentially ruining the valves, and possibly more! It only has 56K miles on it, and rather than spending the 2K to fix, is there another engine that I can easily get here in the US to replace without any extensive modification???

Love the Woo, but the belt thing's got me a little worried.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks all!

- Jeremy.
- JJMEIER.
Mfree

Post by Mfree »

I have plans to turbo my car too... but only after the car's been paid for and there's another, warranteed vehicle sitting in my driveway.

So, in 4 years, expect great things :)

Wonder how much I can pull from the 2.2 16v with the getrag 5 speed without breaking things on a massive scale.... I think I need to get in good with a machine shop so as I break things I can have custom, stronger parts made :)

I can picture it now, driving a hyundai accent for the next 5 years to free up money for my Leganza turbo cash cow :)

a 220 horse leganza would sure surprise some people though. At this point I'm even considering some custom fender work to fit 245 series rubber.... that would look *mean* :)
ETR-SCCA 42HS Daewoo Leganza SE
tango

Post by tango »

Go make it happen! I'm less than 2 weeks away from the start of my project dude. Pretty much everything's in plae. Just ordered an MSD boostd dependent fuel pressure regulator. It should be in my hands for next Thursday, in time for the project to start the following Monday. Got a better cam in the wait, so stay tuned for pics.
Cogito ergo sum...
Mfree

Post by Mfree »

tango wrote:Go make it happen! I'm less than 2 weeks away from the start of my project dude. Pretty much everything's in plae. Just ordered an MSD boostd dependent fuel pressure regulator. It should be in my hands for next Thursday, in time for the project to start the following Monday. Got a better cam in the wait, so stay tuned for pics.
Ah, I want to get my dodge shadow 2.2 done first :) There's no "what if", people've done it since the mid 80's, the cars came from the *factory* pretty highly turbocharged, and I *know* that it'll make at least 250 reliable horsepower. That, and all the turbo parts are cheap because there were a couple hundred thousand vehicles equipped with turbo engines like this one from Chrysler in the 80's and 90's.
ETR-SCCA 42HS Daewoo Leganza SE
gti_7

Post by gti_7 »

There is nothing, nothing quite like Turbo Dodge power, the feelings incredible, and it oh so addictive :twisted:

Bernard
frank-pr-daewoo-#1

Post by frank-pr-daewoo-#1 »

so, you can custom your propies accesoriesfrom other cars or invented , a intake, bigger injectors(nubi or leganza2.0),custom exhaust2.0 inch,biggie trhotlebody(preferible nubira2.0), a gas pressure regulator :lol: ,think my friend ,yes everything cost money , but if you wanna go fast you need spend money, sorry :( but :mrgreen: go woo
milosh
Junior

Czech NEXIA Club

Post by milosh »

our czech club is too good :D i mean :wink: :arrow: http://daewoo-nexia.wz.cz