Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
Maximus
Expert

Post by Maximus »

I thougt so :lol:
Image Image
bmiester

Post by bmiester »

Hey Maximus, your in poland right?!? I've been talking to a guy in poland for about a year now, who makes turbo's specifically for our Lanos. I don't have the site right now, but I will post in later tonght. If he's close by to you, (I'm sure Poland is a big country,) can you go over or call him and check him out?!? He's been in business for years, but since I'm in the US, I'd like to know from someone else other than him how good his setup/product is.
Maximus
Expert

Post by Maximus »

Hi, we live in the same city and I know him personally :) www.grabowski.com.pl As to turbos, he makes good kits for Lanos, couse he has made few of them. But we also have another tuner who in my opinion is better than mr. Grabowski, it's www.promotormocy.pl
Image Image
bmiester

Post by bmiester »

Yes, that's it. Mr. Grabowski. So www.promotormocy.pl is better, huh? I can't seem to get the link to work. How is it better?!? Different turbo?!? How do the prices compare?!? is promotormocy more expensive the Grabowski?!?
Maximus
Expert

Post by Maximus »

There seems to be a problem with their www

Do you want to come to Poland to install a turbo ?

Or you just want to know smth about the instalation itself ?
Image Image
bmiester

Post by bmiester »

Actually I want to know the cost of the kit itself. I think Grabowski said his soft kit runs $2000. That of course, is without shipping. I don't think I'm going to poland to get it installed since I haven't had a passport since I was 7 yrs old, and it would cost waaaaaay too much to have it shipped out there, installed, then shipped back. If you could ask both of them how much the kits alone would cost, that would be great! And see if the second place will ship to the US.
Maximus
Expert

Post by Maximus »

I have no idea wheater they could ship it to US, as to this you have to ask them in email. But I see a slight chance that they will be intrested in shipping :?

Promotor has the same price as Grabowski
Image Image
bmiester

Post by bmiester »

Grabowski said he would ship it, would you have a contact in Promoter since their web site doesn't work?
Maximus
Expert

Post by Maximus »

A've talked to Rafal from Promotor, and he said, that it is not good to send only partsnot attaching them on the car and calibrating :? He said that he will not ship only parts, couse it is pointless.

As to Grabowski, he recomended the same thing, I think he is wrigt :wink:
Image Image
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

I'm sure there are other people that could calibrate the parts if their shop is set up for that type of work.

I think any performance shop that works on Korean/Japanese cars and does turbo work would be able to get everything right.
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

ok, the question is how much boost are these turbo set ups going to be running?
because honestly if you're only going to be running 5-6lbs of boost, save your money and get a zex kit.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
Maximus
Expert

Post by Maximus »

Those kits give about 160-170 HP for 1.6 16V

Daewooluvr when you have a turbo you can use it every time you want to, as to nitrous noup, the fun last only coupe of seconds :(
Image Image
bmiester

Post by bmiester »

Yes, that is the estimates I was given. the soft turbo kit got up to 170hp, and the turbo plus close to 200 hp with stock internals.

I would think they would be loosing some money not selling overseas. I would say there is a pretty big demand for a kit over here in the US. But it is their shop...