effect of air intake !!!

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

elhamy201

effect of air intake !!!

Post by elhamy201 »

PLease i want to know how is the cold air intake effect on my car speed and adding hp to my car

Thanks !!
Frankiewoo

Post by Frankiewoo »

from what i have read cold air is better b/c cold air is dense, the more dense the air the better combustion you have, well that is what i read hope someone will give you better answer
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

The rule goes that Cooler Denser air allows for more fuel and thus more horsepower.

I doubt that the CAI will make any real significant gains on a stock Lanos.

People allways say "oh ya it maked 10hp" but it's rare to find anyone with a dynojet comparison of stock vs modified to back up their claim.

You may or may not notice a difference as the design of the head is horrible and the intake ports are quite small. (so is the exhaust)

If you had your head ported and polished it would make a dramatic difference and the addition of a CAI would most likely be more noticeable.

You also have to keep in mind everything is relative.... you see these claims of 10hp but what you have to look at is the present hp level.

So if a car was making 300whp and the CAI helped it to make say 310Whp then thats a gain of about 3%

So on your stock lanos that coresponds to only 3hp. (better than nothing :) )

If your head was ported and polished perhaps you might get 4hp or 5hp...tough to say unless you have some real testing to see what difference it makes.
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Also have to said, the increase of air, inclease the combustion. If you haven't pt one you will fell the deference.
ImageImage
elhamy201

Thanks

Post by elhamy201 »

Thanks for help all i will get one as soon as i can :D