HELP!!! Need a PCM (Power Control Module) for '02 Lanos

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

HELP!!! Need a PCM (Power Control Module) for '02 Lanos

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

HELP!!!

Can anyone give me contact information for parts suppliers that might have a PCM (Power Control Module) for a 2002 Lanos?

My fiance's Lanos won't start and the service center at the dealer says it needs a PCM, but they can not locate one and their parts supplier does not have one.

Is there someone at a Daewoo parts supplier in Puerto Rico I can talk to who the dealer can get the PCM from?

Thanks!!
Cliff
Frankiewoo

Post by Frankiewoo »

call korean collision 1-305-688-6790 they kick ass they have all the parts u need they're in florida
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Frankiewoo ... Thanks, but I'm not sure that's what I'm looking for.

If they don't sell new parts, I don't think the dealer will buy the part.
If they (the dealer) can't find a new part, I have a Lanos parts car that I can take the PCM out of to replace the one that died. Soooo.... I don't have to buy a used one if the dealer can locate a new one & replace it free under warrenty.

I'm looking for somewhere that has the part new that the dealer can get for warrenty service.
Frankiewoo

Post by Frankiewoo »

they sold me a brand new valve cover gasket just call and find out
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

I called and they did not understand English. The two people I spoke with only knew Spanish, and I only know a few words, so they could not help.
Frankiewoo

Post by Frankiewoo »

sorry bro, do u have a dealership by u??? If not I can try to order one from the dealer ship by me :D
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

I have a dealership 15 mins from my house. I've never had any problems with warrenty work on the car (it's my fiance's blue '02 Lanos), but they do not have the PCM in stock & they said their parts supplier does not have one, but they are trying to locate one.

The dealer has been great about all service and this is the first part they have not had or been able to get since I have been dealing with them when I got my red '01 Leganza last year or my silver '02 Lanos this year.

If they can not find the part anywhere, I have a complete '00 Lanos parts car that I bought from ebay for $1200 (bad engine) that I can get the PCM from. I was only trying to locate the part from an authorized parts distributor so the dealer could buy it and it would be replaced under warrenty with no cost to me.

What ever the outcome, her car will be on the road soon. But for now, she is driving my Leganza.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

I got the PCM out of my parts car yesterday and took it to the dealer today.

When I got there, they told me their supplier had released one and it will be shipped soon, but they are not sure exactly when.

After talking to the mechanic, the PCM, it turns out, is the silver computer box under the passanger seat.

Take out the seat and the top black plastic cover pops off. Remove 3 wiring harness connections and it just lifts out.

They are putting the PCM out of my parts car into her car temporarly until the new one arrives. When it comes in, they will swap it out for the new one & I will then have a spare just in case any of our Lanos' computer quits working.

Her car will be on the road again soon! :)
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Man if you have problem w\ your spanish I can help you.
ImageImage
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

mocpac_ser wrote:Man if you have problem w\ your spanish I can help you.
Muchas gracias, pero no hablo Espanol muy bien. Me Espanol es mal y poco. :D

I was not expecting a car parts store in Florida to not speak English, and did not have my friend from PR who I work with over to help me talk to them.

I'm glad I have a spare PCM and also that there is one on it's way from the dealer's distrobution center.