thing from e-bay

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

FoRk
Junior

thing from e-bay

Post by FoRk »

hey, has anyone goten this thing off of e-bay??? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 1871807593 and has it worked, any problems???? im thinking about getting it, just wanna know if anyone else has had one.

Jay
95 Eclipse GS-Turbo
mods: Greddy Type-S BOV, Greddy Intercooler Piping, Injen Intake, Act 2100 Clutch, Act Xact flywheel, Apexi N1 Downpipe and Catback Exhaust, MCB Set to 16 PSI, BuddyClub2 Bodykit (Not Installed) and Greddy FMIC(not installed)
tango

Post by tango »

To be honest, for some strange reason, I simply detest E-Bay. I wouldn't buy anything there. Primarily becasue you really can't be sure of what you're getting. This one sounds dubious to me, man. Not even a picture of the thing? Oh, hell no. And notice the circumlocution? Fella keeps saying it will work....doesn't say HOW it will work. I've been known to give a lot of benefits of doubt...but this one goes beyond my tolerance...
Cogito ergo sum...
FoRk
Junior

Post by FoRk »

ya, im not going to get it, anything thats 2 bucks and "says" it will give you 20 more hp....... i think what it does is put more fuel into your engine, which would make your car run a lil to rich. so im passing on this one.
95 Eclipse GS-Turbo
mods: Greddy Type-S BOV, Greddy Intercooler Piping, Injen Intake, Act 2100 Clutch, Act Xact flywheel, Apexi N1 Downpipe and Catback Exhaust, MCB Set to 16 PSI, BuddyClub2 Bodykit (Not Installed) and Greddy FMIC(not installed)
dawhat

Post by dawhat »

Sorry Fork but I think it would be a waist of money!
If it were true don't you think everyone would have it.
DAWHAT
DEATHBYNUMBERS
FoRk
Junior

Post by FoRk »

i totally agree, it is a waste of money, and i think also it would hurt your car, maybe right away, maybe over time, and its from e-bay, now what does that tell you :shock:
95 Eclipse GS-Turbo
simon609zp

That supposed 99 cent 20hp power "chip" from ebay

Post by simon609zp »

I haven't personally tried it either, but take a look at www.uniquemotorsports.com. Under his Tech Articles take a look at the section on Intelligent Performance. He tried it and it slowed his car down! A great site for some other cheap mods and the results to prove their worth.
SuperWayne

Re: thing from e-bay

Post by SuperWayne »

FoRk wrote:hey, has anyone goten this thing off of e-bay??? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 1871807593 and has it worked, any problems???? im thinking about getting it, just wanna know if anyone else has had one.

Jay
:x

Yes! I have purchased one from Ebay just to see what it was...
It is such a piece of SHIT!!!! Don't buy it my man... It is a 10 cent resistor chip that you can get at radio shack. If you install this in your car it will totally screw it up after a few weeks. If you want to know more about it, just Email me or something. Don't install it in your car. There is something similar, but legit, and it really works... Go to deawootech.com and visit the store. It is called the "Chocolate Chip". My email adress is SuperWayne55@hotmail. Don't buy the stupid thing, ok?!
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Just chk the feadback of that guy and all your qustios will be answer. :!:
ImageImage
frank-pr-daewoo-#1

Post by frank-pr-daewoo-#1 »

in daewootech.net , chris is more serious than e bay , yknow chris is a good friend,enter in daewootech.net and ask him about the chocolate chip and he explainyou :wink: without trick,
LanosAus

Post by LanosAus »

Well i guess i am a sucker, i have actually bought one of these and was going to install it this weekend, but i dont think i will bother anymore.

i was think i will buy the chocolate chip, and file the other thing in the bin.
Cheers! Evan
Buy a Lanos, you'll love it
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

I have been using the Daewootech AITS chip and it does offer some increase in hp in higher RPMs.
However, I wouldn't recomment this mod to anyone who doesn't have intake and exhaust modified as this will cause your car to run too rich.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Has anyone done a real dyno with the chip in and then removed it to see what difference it makes?
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

only with a G-TECH and stopwatch.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com