Engine Swap

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

FoRk
Junior

Post by FoRk »

dude if you put a 4g63 in make sure you also do a awd conversion! omg that would so kick ass, a daewoo evo!!!! sweet. no wait, a 500hp daewoo evo. drool :twisted:
95 Eclipse GS-Turbo
mods: Greddy Type-S BOV, Greddy Intercooler Piping, Injen Intake, Act 2100 Clutch, Act Xact flywheel, Apexi N1 Downpipe and Catback Exhaust, MCB Set to 16 PSI, BuddyClub2 Bodykit (Not Installed) and Greddy FMIC(not installed)
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

FoRk wrote:dude if you put a 4g63 in make sure you also do a awd conversion! omg that would so kick ass, a daewoo evo!!!! sweet. no wait, a 500hp daewoo evo. drool :twisted:
actually I think the evo uses a different engine. Alot of the turbo eclipses are AWD. I however want the FWD. Still unsure on which way I'm going...
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

the evo engine/tranny is based on the all-mighty Eclipse/Talon, yes it would kick ass but will also be very expensive,

i rather turbocharge the 1.6 or go all the way NA...

PS. here in my country we had a Civic Evo 4wd the onwer had an accident and now the car is hystory it ran high 12s, with the 4g63/tranny of an Evolution V, i?ve seen like 10-12 evos (V,VI, tomy makinen, VII)
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
FoRk
Junior

Post by FoRk »

ok i will break it down for you, the eclipse gst(fwd/my car) and gsx(awd) and the Talon TSi and TSi AWD have the 2.0 4g63 engine as with all of the evos, but heres the difference. the evo 1-3 and the eclipse/talon engines cams are on the right side(if your looking into the engine bay) the evo 4+ engine has been fliped around so there cams are on the left side, which menas you can fit a evo4+ engine in your car easer then a eclipse engine. also the 1gen eclipse turbos were 14b's the 2nd gen turbos were t-25 and the evo turbos are 16g's. hope that clears alot of stuff up, ok bye.
95 Eclipse GS-Turbo
mods: Greddy Type-S BOV, Greddy Intercooler Piping, Injen Intake, Act 2100 Clutch, Act Xact flywheel, Apexi N1 Downpipe and Catback Exhaust, MCB Set to 16 PSI, BuddyClub2 Bodykit (Not Installed) and Greddy FMIC(not installed)