Just installed my intake on my Leganza, need some help

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Frankiewoo

Just installed my intake on my Leganza, need some help

Post by Frankiewoo »

Ok so i went with the Weapon r dragon Intake, so no one come after me or anything, here is my question i installed it with no problem but i seem to have an extra hole that the intake went into that the weapon r intake doesnt go into or even have an opening to, so the hole is to the left and above the throttle, should i make a filter for it, i mean what is i for, is it for the interior Air, My car also emmited an odor after driveing for like 1/2 an hour after i put the intake in??? Also I'm going to buy a breather now does it replace the hose that runs from the intake to the valve cover???
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

I don't know, but I'd like to know, too, as I want to put a new intake on my Leganza.
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

that hose is just for the crankcase breather. Just buy a regular pop on breather and that'll work just fine.

As an example check out mine at http://www.cardomain.com/id/daewooluvr
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
Frankiewoo

Post by Frankiewoo »

Ok that hose is connected to the crankcase until my breather comes in, but thats not the question, right above where the throttle connects to the intake there is another opening i dont know what to do??? Also if the breather is put in how does the crankcase get air???
Frankiewoo

Post by Frankiewoo »

can anybody help ME :? :shock:
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

the crankcase will get air from the breather. It doesn't matter if it's hot air or not. As for there being another openning on the TB, I can't help ya there. I know on my lanos there was only the one openning for the intake tube. Can one of the leggy guys shed some light on this? Possibly post some pics to help illustrate your problem.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
Frankiewoo

Post by Frankiewoo »

well its not another opening in the TB its a separate box right behind it I mean the car drives fine, but o dont know what that opening is for?? I dont have digital cam does anybody have under hood leggy pics, I mean i checke dthe ones out on cardomain, but it looks like they removed their's
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

If you have the weapon R, I think that hole if fot the air sensor. Put a pic of your leggy w\ the intake, so I can give you a better answer. :!:
ImageImage
Frankiewoo

Post by Frankiewoo »

I just removed the box it was the resonator for the Original intake

Thanks guys :D
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

I will remove mine the next week. And put some PVC or metal tube from the bumper to the hole were the air box was conected, no to conect it to my intake, but to bring more cool air to the entire engine space.
ImageImage