DAEWOO OBD II DTC Codes - Anyone have a list/Description?

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

99Leganza

DAEWOO OBD II DTC Codes - Anyone have a list/Description?

Post by 99Leganza »

California Smog check, my 1999 Daewoo Leganza passes all emissions tests, but cannot be certified because it has a check engine light with a P1780 code. I reset it and it comes right back. P1 is powertrain, manufacture specific, and 7 is Transmission, but I need a reference for 80. Forget the Dealer, way out of Warranty and do not want to pay their high repair costs. Can anyone help me. Thank You.
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Probably the sensor is damage, that pass some times, chk firs that.
ImageImage
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

ok heres my idea....

lol now this may or may not work but o'well... unplug the battery and let the computer reset like right out side of the smog shop then have them check it out.. it should stay off for like 2-5 minutes or atleast mine does..

my car does the same thing.. but i dont know what it is.. and its still under warrenty but dealer is to far away. but im going there the 23.. does a cold air intake void the warrenty??
99Leganza

Need a list of the P1 codes...

Post by 99Leganza »

It is not a sensor as those are all P0 codes... this is a P1 manufacturer specific code. I have an OBD II reader tool that I use to clear the code, but it comes back in less than a second, so disconnecting the battery will not help. Does anyone have manual on the Leganza that lists P1 Diagnostic Trouble Codes? I am looking for what P1780 is... Any other ideas out there as to where I can get a list of P1 code definitions? Would probably make a great FAQ for this board.
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

where did you get hte reader tool?
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I have some error codes but I couldn't find P1780

I do however have a P1781 description/corrective action as well as a number of other tranny codes.

It sound to me like your TCM is not talking to your ECM... could just be a bad connecton on the data line between the two.

On the TCM you have to check the serial data line which is pin #11.
Check to make sure it's not shorted to ground and that it is connected to the Data Link Connector (DLC) pin #2

On the ECM check serial line B13 for ground short and make sure it is connected to DLC pin #2

Unless you have a decent Digital Multimeter and are familiar with electronics I wouldn't fool with the wiring.

If you send me your email address I will send you the pictures from the manual showing the codes and diagnostic data.

These were from a 2000 Leganza but I would imagine they apply to your vehicle.

If it's not the connectors your TCM may be damaged and the only alternative is to replace it. :(

Hope I have helped
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I'd love to post all the codes but my manual is somewhat patchy in areas and I think the only way to get a true listing is from a dealer.

I would imagine that the code description is in a separate manual that comes with the diagnostic tools (as opposed to the standard shop manual)
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

After a little more digging I found that P1780 in GM vehicles is a park/neutral position switch circuit problem.

Given it's a GM/Opel/Holden engine the ECM is probably running on GM codes but there is no way to be sure.

Good luck... this is as much digging as I'm going to do.... if you need more concrete info you might have to take it to a dealer to have them spend 30 seconds to tell you what the code means (and of course they will charge you a few hundred million dollars in the process)