Newbie with lacetti sport 1.8

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

tbirdbooboo

Newbie with lacetti sport 1.8

Post by tbirdbooboo »

Hi all just joined. Recently bought a 56 plate chevrolet lacetti sport 1.8 and um well... I need to make it a bit quicker as it's terrible under 4000rpm. It's a d-tech engine which I understand is the predecessor to the Vauxhall ecotec engine - any interchangeable parts at all??.. What if anything can I do to the engine to make it quicker - aparently they're 120bhp but I feel it's more like 80. any help on this would be great.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Re: Newbie with lacetti sport 1.8

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Any of the iron block vauxhall 2.0L engines are compatible ( ideally newer like the Z20LET from the VXR )

The big thing would be engine management, as the Z20LET likely wiring harness and management is different.

I had a 1991 Astra MK2 with a 2.0L Daewoo engine built up with C20LET and Z20LET parts from UK/Europe so that I could run high boost.

It was a professionally built engine by a well known company that works on race engines, they suggested keeping it under 600hp

If you were completely nuts and wanted to spend 11,000 Euro you could order a 1000hp engine from Germany :shock:
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos