A little more confusion. Arp bolts

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

7-even

A little more confusion. Arp bolts

Post by 7-even »

I was sure I had the part number for the ARP main bolts to use on the u20sed. But I was searching this site and came up with another number. Can anyone confirm the arp part number for me? The number I think is right is arp-204-5402.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Re: A little more confusion. Arp bolts

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I know it's been a while, did you figure this out?

I was thinking GSE_Turbo had the ARP bolts listed in his area of the forum under one of the product listings
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
7-even

Post by 7-even »

Thanks for. Posting. I think I have them all figures out now. I'd have to look at my notes but of hand I think that was the right number. Now I've decided I'm breaking the build up into two parts to help myself out monitarily. Basically I'm broke lol. I've been collecting parts forever and have most of the parts I need to start with my original plan. Installing individual throttle bodies, OEM c20xe forged mahle pistons and rods, arp rod bolts and head bolts, titanium valve retainers, new valve seals. The head already been ported and has cams in it. Think that's basically it. Then I want to install the z20let oil pump for the strength and flow. Also I think some lightened pulleys, Have the crank pulley looking for others now. So when I do the oil pump I'll have the pan down to build the custom pickup pipe and figure I can do the mains then. I really should start a build thread I guess lol. Now I'm working on finding 4 pot calipers, probably wilwood and a couple of odds and ends. Any suggestions?
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

If I could make a suggestion.... get the car dynoed as it sits just before you are ready to do the build. So at least you have an idea of how much you gained..
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
7-even

Post by 7-even »

Yeah. Were planning to put it on the dyno first. It's not really running right but it'll still give us an idea of power gains.
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

7-even wrote:Yeah. Were planning to put it on the dyno first. It's not really running right but it'll still give us an idea of power gains.
Not running right? what's wrong?
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
7-even

Post by 7-even »

I had a problem with my head at one point and I had another one sitting around that I had bought. It was just easier to swap in the new head rather than rebuild the old one. The problem is the new head was ported and has different cams in it. Also the valve seals are pretty much shot. We never did any tuning to the car after the new head was put on so it's running a little rough. Were going to be replacing the valve seals and lapping the valves when we do the other work on the motor.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

7-even wrote:. Now I'm working on finding 4 pot calipers, probably wilwood and a couple of odds and ends. Any suggestions?
Well.... as it happens I have an entire modified Willwood kit for an Optra that came from an old member by the name of Kinkyllama down in Arizona

Calipers are used but to the best of my knowledge they are in good working condition

The rotors are brand new, the aluminum hats were re-drilled from a Honda 4 X 100 to a 4 X 114.3 to fit the Optra

Theoretically I have all the spacers and shims required to make this a bolt on kit if your interested.

I am pretty sure it's the 12.2" rotors, not sure if the calipers are 4 pot or 6 pot, they are very light.

I also have some new pads if I am not mistaken, perhaps they were a "hawk performance" brand, I'm not entirely sure as I have a few different sets of performance pads for various calipers.

I sold my Optra5 ages ago, I was going to modify the spacers to use the kit on the GSi car, but I sold it last year and I have far too many parts and projects.

If your interested let me know and I will see if I can dig them out.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
7-even

Post by 7-even »

Sorry I took so long to reply. Id at least be interested in the calipers if they'd work with the stock sized disks. I have 15" rims and don't really have the money to get new ones. Unfortunately money's very tight. It would also depend on what you were looking to get for them also. You should get what they're worth and I'm not sure id be able to give you that amount. PM me your price and I'll see if it's something I could afford right now.