Valve Cover Issue

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

liquidkudzu

Valve Cover Issue

Post by liquidkudzu »

Hello Everyone.

My 2002 Lanos has run badly for the first time and came up with a engine light for "bank 1 system too lean." I could not find the problem, but a shop did.
There is a port that hooks to a hose/vaccum line that goes kind of above the air filter box. That piece that the hose hooks to cracked.

Attached is a picture with a red arrow pointing to the cracked piece the hose is connected to.

Bottom line: I can't find a replacement valve cover anywhere. My salvage yards are out of them, and none of my usual dealers can get one.

The guy at Advanced Auto found that the gasket to that piece is the same gasket as a Chevy Aveo, but I see from pictures that the part my hose hooks to on the Aveo has to small openings instead of one large one like on my Lanos. I have also attached a pic of the Aveo valve cover.

What other cars have the same exact gasket cover that I could interchange? I think I will epoxy that piece shut until I can get the proper part in, but I would appreciate any suggestions or info on what to do.

lk
Attachments
aveo.JPG
Aveo with two holes
(135.86 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Capture 2pics.JPG
My Lanos valve cover
(159.49 KiB) Not downloaded yet
liquidkudzu

Re: Valve Cover Issue

Post by liquidkudzu »

By the way, he told me that the Chevy Aveo 2004-2008 uses that gasket.

Still, are there any other cars or any other Daewoo's that use that same exact valve cover?

lk
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Hi,

I think that the Daewoo Lacetti 1.6 uses the same plastic camshafts cover with 15 fixing screws instead of the old metal one that uses 11 nuts. In the meantime I would also epoxy the fitting after a carefull degrease.
7-even

Post by 7-even »

hi. thats the line that releases pent up gases and excess pressure from the motor back into the intake system to be reused. it helps the motor breath. im not to sure you want to be sealing it up but, i could be wrong about that. what you might want to do until you can get a replacement valve cover is get a small breather filter to put over the hole and eliminate the hose for now.