Daewoo/Chevrolet Car won't start, Please Help.

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

catsmaty

Daewoo/Chevrolet Car won't start, Please Help.

Post by catsmaty »

Hi,

I have a Daewoo/ Chevrolet Nubira, 2004, 1.4 and it has been working well till two weeks ago I started to have a problem with it.

It starts for one or two seconds and then it stops, unless I keep revving the car for 10 times or so and leave it running for 10 minutes before driving it, otherwise the engine stops again even while I'm driving.

I have noticed that once the radiator/heat engine is on quarter the gauge or so and the engine is warm it starts again without problems, but in the morning when the engine is stone cold I have to keep revving and leave it to get warm.

I took it to my Mechanic three times and he plugged it to the computer and reprogrammed it twice and changed the Heat Coolant Sensor the third time but still no joy, I'm going to him now for the 4th time, can anyone help please?

Thank you
Daniel
Expert

Re: Daewoo/Chevrolet Car won't start, Please Help.

Post by Daniel »

What kind of idle valve do you have? MTIA or IAC?

Is MIL on?

Have you cleaned butterfly and inside of throttle body?
catsmaty

Re: Daewoo/Chevrolet Car won't start, Please Help.

Post by catsmaty »

Hi Daniel, Thank you for your reply, I have no idea what those things are but the mechanic said that he cleaned the filters and did the above that's all I know, The Mechanic said that he will ask someone specialized in ECU's to have a look at it tomorrow, please tell me what to ask him to check?
Thanks again