new cambelt etc on my daewoo lanos 1.5ltr at 215,000kms

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

kiwilanoso1

new cambelt etc on my daewoo lanos 1.5ltr at 215,000kms

Post by kiwilanoso1 »

well it's been that time again so after 60,000 approx kms since last done that I've had it all done again.New cambelt,tensioner,water pump,new camshaft and crankshaft seals,
new tridon highflow thermostat.total parts and consumables was $340.11 nz and $444.00 nz labour [6 hours labour @$74.00 per hour]labour was a bit steep this time because the
thermostat housing bolts had rusted to the cylinder head and mechanic had to drill new holes and make theads in the new bolt holes.moral of the story is probably replace your
thermostat every time you get your cambelt and water pump repaced.As my original thermostat had been in engine since new and eventually leaked a little bit and rusted those
housing bolts to the cyl head.well the car is going sweet and won't have to think about this job again until after 275,000 kms on the odometer.happy motoring everone this woo will live to see another day!
Puddle31
Super

Re: new cambelt etc on my daewoo lanos 1.5ltr at 215,000kms

Post by Puddle31 »

sounds like you are doing the right things to keep her running! better doing it early than waiting too long.