daewoo tacuma crank shaft sensor

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

wolves1998

daewoo tacuma crank shaft sensor

Post by wolves1998 »

Hi guys just wondering if anyone knows the location of the crank shaft sensor on a daewoo tacuma,many thanks!!!
Daniel
Expert

Re: daewoo tacuma crank shaft sensor

Post by Daniel »

1.6 DOHC?
It's facing the rear of toothed crankshaft pulley, near the oil pressure switch.
wolves1998

Post by wolves1998 »

hi daniel,im thinking of getting a mobile mechanic in to have a look at the car maybe get him to chuck a diagnostic machine on it,or mamaybe buy a cheap diagnostic tool myself,as i dont want to strip all the car back down if it possibly could be something simple,what do you think?
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Well, the cheap error code reader you can buy from several places is very often a...simple error code reader without the diagnostic capabilities of a workshop scantool like the Scan100 or Tech1 or Tech2 suited for GM cars.
You may call a mobile mechanic but be sure he has the correct scan tool for GM cars. Ask him his prices too.
Personally I would prefer towing the car to a small knowledgeable garage. Are the towing fee not included in your insurance?

IMHO (but I can be wrong, I'm not a mechanic) your problem is not electronic (ECU) related unless you forgot some connexions at rebuild.

Do you have the tool (manometer) to measure the compressions?
Do you have placed the lifters and all other valve train components at their original places?
wolves1998

Post by wolves1998 »

Hi daniel,regarding the lifters and valve train components,the lifters etc..have not been moved,when i had the head skimmed thats all they did just skim the head,they did not remove any of the cams or trails lifters valves or anything else...hence why im at a loss as to what this can be,getting kinda frustrated now,guess i will have another look over the weekend lol!!
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

wolves1998 wrote:Hi daniel,regarding the lifters and valve train components,the lifters etc..have not been moved,when i had the head skimmed thats all they did just skim the head,they did not remove any of the cams or trails lifters valves or anything else...hence why im at a loss as to what this can be,getting kinda frustrated now,guess i will have another look over the weekend lol!!
Have a break.
Start with a blank page.

-Take compressions.
-Check for sparks.
-Check for spraying injectors.