Can I post about a Corolla AE9$ 4AFC here?

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

MatesLeganza

Can I post about a Corolla AE9$ 4AFC here?

Post by MatesLeganza »

just once and get away with it, as I figure members here will likely have experience with something like an early 90s Corolla as well

as its a GM board, best technicality I can cite is that aE9# Corolla like this was sold as a "Holden Nova" here as well?

---------------------------------------------
havent done the water pump job on this kind of engine b4, to make it harder, it of course has full accessories A/c and PS..

So far, have removed front engine mounting,jack under engine lifted up a bit,
alternator belt,PS belt undone bolts on water pump pulley,
removed top half of timing case...

Am wondering couple of issues.

1. How is PS belt usually removed/replaced, I have removed the engine mount top bracket and PS pump top support and bracket, undone WP pulley bolts only, pulley is loose , the belt can be removed with the pulley having been removed first,but how is that PS belt usually loosened and tension adjusted?

2. A/C belt..necessary removal for lower Timing Case cover? have removed alternator top adjustment bolt,
.have loosened the long 13mm bolt which faces down on the idler pulley slide bracket, but this has not loosened belt tension much at all..where do you go from there for simplest A/C belt removal and replacement?

3. New WP, pump no GMB 3039...I notice comes with two O-rings about 35-40mm diam , as well as the gasket...what are they for?
Water pump is not yet off ,some still stuff in the way as mentioned, so I havent fully seen what is underneath old pump.

4.while its apart like this, is T-belt replacement much simplified,are there any tricks to know with T-belt replacement?.

t/y

images to follow Image

MatesLeganza

Re: Can I post about a Corolla AE9$ 4AFC here?

Post by MatesLeganza »

oh, well, since then I solved the issue of loosening the AC belt..

R&R Water pump on these is not much simpler than it is on a ****** Daewoo... :|
MatesLeganza

Re: Can I post about a Corolla AE9$ 4AFC here?

Post by MatesLeganza »

all dealt with.