Cam timing position sensor replaced, CEL on

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Puddle31
Super

Re: Cam timing position sensor replaced, CEL on

Post by Puddle31 »

it could be a wire that's bad. I think a few people have had that problem. it could also be that the new sensor is bad too. I don't know how you check that though. when the light is off sometime see if you can get soemone to move the wires a little and see if it throws a code.
chriscomputers

Post by chriscomputers »

I have a generic aftermarket one in my 5 speed 99 lanos and I have no problems with it whatsoever. Bought it from www.rockauto.com
Trey05Woo
Super

Post by Trey05Woo »

I just posted an entire how to thread on how to diagnose, and repair this issue. Believe it or not, many times your sensor is fine, and the culprit is the connector and/or wiring. Please see my thread. Everything is in there, right down to how to check if your sensor is working in real time. Finally, I purchase all my parts from Auto 7 or http://www.Daewoous.com

Auto 7 sells OEM parts for Daewoo and Kia. They get their parts directly from the suppliers, who supply the manufacturers. The CMP is Delphi brand, which is the same sensor Auto 7 sells.

But the most important detail missing in this thread: WHAT CODE ARE YOU GETTING? I saw a P0342 (no signal) but there are other CMP related codes. Please post your code.
Specializing in European & Korean Only
Doral Auto Care
5171 NW 36th
Virginia Gardens, FL 33166
(305) 871-1121

BS Mechanical Engineering 12/12 (FINALLY!)

ASE Certified:
Engine Electrical
Engine Performance/Advance
Brakes & ABS
Air Conditioning