Timing belt broke,redid valves ect,still wont start.

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

jkennedy

Timing belt broke,redid valves ect,still wont start.

Post by jkennedy »

my timing belt broke on my 2002 leganza 2.2L, I had the head checked,put new valves in ect... and it will not start,popped a couple times out of the intake, the timing marks are dead on and all sensors have been checked,new fuel pump,new thermostat,and all new hoses plugs wires ect.. Im stuck at this point..Please any info to help would be greatly apreciated...and does anyone know exactly what the compression should be on the cylinders? and the key cycle to reset?
Thank you,
Jkennedy
Daniel
Expert

Re: Timing belt broke,redid valves ect,still wont start.

Post by Daniel »

On the 2.2 DOHC the camshafts are different IN/EX. Be sure having placed them the right way.
And camgears are identical. Be sure having placed the cam pin in the correct gear hole.
cmsht.JPG
compression test.JPG
Hope it helps,
jkennedy

Post by jkennedy »

Daniel,the pins were never out, and i have this info u sent on a flash drive... however there should b a set number it should be for compression..thats more what im looking for and its not on the drive.. I just dont get it,everything matches up.. there were 3 of us scratchin our heads tryin to figure it out lol... but thank you so much for this responce..I will post what the problem was if we figure it out , or if u have any other thoughts on the matter feel free to throw it out there :)
Thanks,
John
jkennedy

Post by jkennedy »

Looking at the cams. The cam in the front has a straight line for a mark and a triangle. The rear cam has just a straight line. The valve cover has a triangle as a mark in the front and a knotch for the rear one. What do I do?????
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

I know it's a frustrating problem, but please don't start different threads for the same problem...

If anyone wants to continue this discussion the original thread is located here: http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtop ... =1&t=15032
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~