Cooling Fan Relay Location on LeMans

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

CarSick

Cooling Fan Relay Location on LeMans

Post by CarSick »

The cooling fan is not coming on at all on my LeMans. It's been that way since I put the new engine in. In hasn't been a huge problem, but I'd like to fix it now. I have verified that the fan works, and that the power wire is not energized at the fan. It's also not energized at the resistor. I'd like to test for power at the relay, but my manual simply say that it's one of the several relays on the back side of the fuse box. Since the wire I'm supposed to test is red/yellow and since nearly every relay back there has a red/yellow wire going into it, I'm in a bit of a quandary as to how to proceed.

Does anyone know the relay layout on an 88 LeMans? Not the pin-out of the relay, but which relay it is. There are several relays in colored bases, so there must be a key someplace.

-- Bob
88 LeMans, Full SAAB 900 Suspension/Brakes, 1.6L Engine, Lanos 5 spd MT Conversion from 3 spd Auto, 273k miles
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Re: Cooling Fan Relay Location on LeMans

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Sorry, didn't see your post, I should have everything you need at my shop.

If I remember and or get a chance I will scan in the relay information, it should be in the owners manual and or the repair manuals I have.

Chris
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos