motor change

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

kingy55

motor change

Post by kingy55 »

Hi i have a 1998 daewoo nubira eurowagon with a 2.0 ltr and a 5 speed gearbox and want to put a 1.6ltr and 5 speed out of a 1998 nubira sx sedan. Can anyone tell me how much trouble i with have? I have both complete cars. Or can i just swap the gearboxes? Any help would be great
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Re: motor change

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Topic moved from Tech specs to Engine/Intake/Exhaust.

Your gearboxes will be nearly identical between the two cars, you have the choice to use either one in your swap.

You should not have any mechnical problems with fitment in the swap, but there will be differences in the electrical system.

I don't know the exact differences in the wiring harnesses, but it's likely you may have to move all the engine wiring over from the 1.6L car over into the 2.0L car.

I have never personally looked at a 1.6L Nubira, I don't know if the wiring connectors are the same as the 2.0L

If they are, it won't be a really hard job, if they are different it could become very complex and you might have to completely disassemble large parts of both cars.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
kingy55

Post by kingy55 »

Cool thanx mate. So i can put the 1.6ltr gearbox on the 2.0ltr motor?
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

PrecisionBoost wrote: Your gearboxes will be nearly identical between the two cars, you have the choice to use either one in your swap.
so yes...
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
LouiseWalker

motor change

Post by LouiseWalker »

It's tough to suggest from here because you are experimenting a new thing trying to place 2.0 instead of 1.6. So Until and unless to don't experiment it we can't say any thing. Yeah, you can do one thing check the spec of the specified model though you can understand, and you will get the spec from repair loader.