Water Pump position, DOHC Leganza

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

MatesLeganza

Water Pump position, DOHC Leganza

Post by MatesLeganza »

Just wondering that although on these engines the eccentric water pump isnt used to tension the belt as it was on the old SOHC engines...some WPs still have the 41mm hex on the body to turn them..but in what position should it be positioned, b4 the bolts are tightened, and then the adjuster pulley set?

and what is the purpose of the pointer tab on the hub?
Daniel
Expert

Re: Water Pump position, DOHC Leganza

Post by Daniel »

There was a topic somewhere on this board concerning your question.

If I remember well when it's not possible to get the correct t-belt tension by adjusting the auto-tensioner, you have to play with wp position.
MatesLeganza

Post by MatesLeganza »

oh, ok...maybe Ill just note the old WP angle before I undo it, and hope the new WP is same relative layout as the old one, even though probably different brand.

the trouble I had getting info on replacing the water outlet stub in block behind WP..
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

MatesLeganza wrote:oh, ok...maybe Ill just note the old WP angle before I undo it, and hope the new WP is same relative layout as the old one, even though probably different brand.

the trouble I had getting info on replacing the water outlet stub in block behind WP..
I've read that. I would follow benzino's solution in his post http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtop ... 92#p122364 . Maybe doing that on the motor out of car.