Chevy Optra Head Gasket

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Wally

Chevy Optra Head Gasket

Post by Wally »

Hey Folks,

Sorry for the noob questions and sorry if this is a repost but I haven't been able to find a definitive answer. My Girlfriend has a 2004 or 2005 chevy optra and the head gasket is gone. I'm just wondering what the cross over is with the Nibira kits. Are there only certain years that will cross over? would like to order these two kits and I want to make sure they fit before she spends the money.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/90-03-2-0-2-2-I ... 6rk%3D3%26

http://www.ebay.com/itm/99-02-2-0L-DAEW ... 84&vxp=mtr

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Sorry I can't be more specific with the year, it's 2am and I'm not sure but I'll post back tomorrow.

Also, is there a guide somewhere for changing the gasket?

Cheers,
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Re: Chevy Optra Head Gasket

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Yes, should be no problem, the Optra is a U20SED the Nubira is a T20SED, only major difference is engine management, otherwise they are the same engine.

As well, you need to do the timing belt and tensioner if it hasn't had one recently, again buy the Nubira one since it's way cheaper than the Optra timing belt kit.

No use in going to the effort to drop in a new head gasket and ignore the other things that can be replaced at the same time.

The factory GM timing belts are shit, some break in as little as 50,000 miles

As far as a guide, look in the Tech specs area, there should be the main information your after ( torque for head )
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
Wally

Re: Chevy Optra Head Gasket

Post by Wally »

THanks for the reply. Yeah, I have been planning to do the timing belt, tensioner and the water pump all at the same time. Just don't want to waste time and money by ordering the wrong parts.

I'm gonna go ahead and get the Nubira parts then.

Cheers,