1.7TD in Nexia

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

LordMMX

1.7TD in Nexia

Post by LordMMX »

Hi everyone.

Can you please tell me, Is it possible to fit an diesel engine from Opel Astra F (idk how it was called in UK, it was just first astra after kadett) to Daewoo Nexia / Cielo ? I know I'll have to replace whole electronics but I am just curious if it is actually possible to physicaly fit it inside .

[ I saw nexia from UK with diesel engine from Toyota or something like that... ]
Daewoo Nexia born in 1996 in South Korea. DOHC Engine was used as heart for this little girl. She's got cute green metalic painting. She's fully equiped with abs, airbag, AC, parking sensors, etc. :)
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Re: 1.7TD in Nexia

Post by PrecisionBoost »

The Astra F fits the 2.0L iron engines and a nexia also fit's the 2.0L iron engines, so in theory the 1.7TD should also fit.

I would imagine that it will take quite a bit of work.

You would need the engine and all sensors, complete electrical loom, possibly portions of the fuel system.

I would imagine the 1.7TD would be heavier, adjustment of suspension may be required if it's really heavy and pulling the front end down.

The biggest unknown is the fuel system, obviously a complete flush is required to get all the gasoline out, but I have no idea as to what the 1.7TD requires from a fuel standpoint.

It might be a 3BAR system like the gas from the tank to the engine, then a high pressure pump brings the pressure up the rest of the way.

I would also assume you would need a gearbox suited to the diesel, the ones for gas engines have different ratios and it's likely the diesel ones are slightly stronger.

You would have to modify some mounts in all likelihood, but it shouldn't be too complex.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos