Any Leganza enthusiast/ in Melb Australia want a repair job?

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

MatesLeganza

Re: Any Leganza enthusiast/ in Melb Australia want a repair

Post by MatesLeganza »

all done last Thursday finally, had to wait over 2 weeks for that part from autovaux UK due to misunderstanding they didnt post till 1.5 weeks after i ordered and paid..

got them finally, including a spare pipe just in case..

i dont recommend anyone attempt to drive that pipe in by tapping, i put it in freezer and handled with frozen pliars but made no impression on it at all trying to knock it in..unless you have access to frozen sub-zero N2 gas which is how engine shops apparently fit such things, I thought later it might have worked to expose the part to some BBQ tank LPG, might have gotten it colder than refrigerator.

wound up pulling it from Water pump/timing case end, using a bicycle axle shaft as the puller...even this took two attempts...slow and easy , goes in so slowly is SO tight with a new part...but with nuts very tight turning slowly, at last i can see that part is getting apparently --slowly-- shorter! literally a mm or less at a time .
OK- either it is going in, yay- or it is being crushed and destroyed, disaster if so.

No..removal of the old one once you have access, thats the easy part!
Effectively, i dont think you can risk it with the $65 list Australian price part, without having the water pump removed to apply the gradual non-impact pulling leverage.
Maybe you can take a chance on wrecking one driving it in at the 5 pounds UK part price.
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

Good to hear it's finally sorted mate :)
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
MatesLeganza

Post by MatesLeganza »

yeah, hes back here this week with a water leak, and im like jesus christ no, as he couldnt describe exactly where he thought it was coming from...and im heart in mouth, that somehow, it is leaking past the new pipe outlet...which would not be good news.

but he says just b4 he comes, that he thinks its one of the skinny man warming hoses up high behind throttle body..within easy reach without removing stuff.

which it is, thank heavens...I just hadnt moved clamp all the way home..damn that it didnt show up the day I finished it and drove it down to him, I tested it and inspected it several times, and all seemed 100% result...anyway, one minute job pointy-nose pliars, did so and its sealed watertight....

so once more another lot of coolant is mostly wasted, thank heavens I buy it very cheap at yard sales, so cost me another litre of 1065g/l glycol, but thank heavens the pipe is secure..