injectors

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

daewoomofo

injectors

Post by daewoomofo »

2001 lanos 1.6 automatic transmission. I had a t belt failure, rebuilt, runs great. Only problem is the fuel mileage isnt what it should be. After some checking i found the injectors are leaking. All of the injectors ive found have also leaked. I remember seeing where some are using bmw 316 injectors, ive looked every where only to find none. Are there any cars in the USA that would have compatable injectors? Does any one have any other ideas? Thank you in advance for any help!

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
jd daewoo

Re: injectors

Post by jd daewoo »

Chevy Aveo has the same engine, but not all parts interchange... Just an idea. Have you looked at the BMW 318i? It also so has a similar build.
JD Daewoo
B.S. Civil Engineer
1999 Daewoo Lanos SX
1.6L 16V DOHC
88,xxx Miles

1999 Daewoo Lanos Base
1.6L 16V DOHC
94,xxx Miles
tafisama

Post by tafisama »

Hie,is your pressure regulator working properly.It might be high pressure causing them to drip.I have heard of injectors leaking but if you change 6 injectors and still getting the same problem then you might need to look at other possible causes.
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

Havent tried the 318i. I just dont want too large of an injector in the car. ill see if i can find some of them. From what ive read the aveo injectors are different, not sure how different they are but ive read they won't work. Im pretty sure its the injectors them self. They arent the best design and all of the ones ive tried have been from a junk yard, its a common problem. Thank you for the ideas.

jd daewoo

Post by jd daewoo »

I'm sure you thought of this but what about the ones listed on Jc Whitney? They appear to be in the performance class. Let me know if you can't track down a 318i and I'll se what I can find near me if you would like. I seem to hit the salvage yards a few times a month lately.
JD Daewoo
B.S. Civil Engineer
1999 Daewoo Lanos SX
1.6L 16V DOHC
88,xxx Miles

1999 Daewoo Lanos Base
1.6L 16V DOHC
94,xxx Miles
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

Yeah ive thought about the jc whitney ones, 100 for all four isnt bad, im hoping for a junk yard solution to save money. Thanks for the offer, if i cant find them locally ill let you know.

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

daewoomofo wrote:Yeah ive thought about the jc whitney ones, 100 for all four isnt bad, im hoping for a junk yard solution to save money. Thanks for the offer, if i cant find them locally ill let you know.
Spend the $100 and be done with it, you would probably spend close to that just to have a set of injectors cleaned.

Honestly, the last thing you want to do is drop in junk yard injectors only to find out one was clogged, resulting in lean cylinder and a dead piston. ( which will probably cost you the car, as a rebuild is not cheap )

There are only a few places where money counts, injectors are # 1, fuel pump is # 2, decent timing belt is #3

Running rich means a few bucks out of your pocket each time you hit the gas station, running lean due to shitty ass junk yard injectors is a death sentence for the engine

That's my two cents on the subject, those remanufactured ones on JC Whitney are cheap as hell, new injectors are expensive
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos