Sensors

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

lupealsidez

Sensors

Post by lupealsidez »

Does anyone know which sensors will prevent the car from starting? I have a 2002 Daewoo Leganza, won't start, turns over, but won't start...
thanks
benzino
Expert

Re: Sensors

Post by benzino »

coil pack, crank position sensor, cam position sensor (if OBDII), spark plugs, injectors, ECM... etc.

I'm sure there are others, those are just the first things I think of
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
Puddle31
Super

Post by Puddle31 »

there is also a possibility the fuel pump isn't working. there is a topic on here where the air conditioner drain clogs, the passenger floor gets wet, the wiring in that side to the ECU corrodes, in particular the wire to the fuel pump which causes the exact symptoms you are describing. the topic explains where the wire corrodes, the color of the bad wire and how to fix it. if i get some time i will try to search it out, or you can do it yourself. these guys will tell you what to check and how.
stevevw

Post by stevevw »

hi, just reading the messages re lanos wont start and i am having a similar problem. not sure if there was a solution to the problem as i am stuck with how to fix mine.
i have no spark at the plugs and no power to the injectors as well as no prime noise to the fuel pump, assuming no power to fuel pump. fuel pump relay is fine as well as fuses. car was losing power when driving along and would either just push acc down until power came back or pull over and sit for a couple minutes and then re start car. only happened intermittently now car wont start at all. just cranks over without any combustion. replaced fuel pump but no difference. someone said it might be the crank shaft sensor or cam shaft sensor as these will stop spark and power to pump and injectors. also mentioned that coil pack might be faulty and this will stop spark and cause no power to injectors but not sure if it will affect fuel pump. another possible cause mentioned was ecu unit which may affect all the above. i am at a loss as to what problem is and don't want to replace anything else until i have a better idea whats wrong. i have a dawoo lanos 2001 and has been a good car until now. greatly appreciate some feed back as to what might be problem and pointed in right direction.
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

stevevw wrote:hi, just reading the messages re lanos wont start and i am having a similar problem. not sure if there was a solution to the problem as i am stuck with how to fix mine.
i have no spark at the plugs and no power to the injectors as well as no prime noise to the fuel pump, assuming no power to fuel pump. fuel pump relay is fine as well as fuses. car was losing power when driving along and would either just push acc down until power came back or pull over and sit for a couple minutes and then re start car. only happened intermittently now car wont start at all. just cranks over without any combustion. replaced fuel pump but no difference. someone said it might be the crank shaft sensor or cam shaft sensor as these will stop spark and power to pump and injectors. also mentioned that coil pack might be faulty and this will stop spark and cause no power to injectors but not sure if it will affect fuel pump. another possible cause mentioned was ecu unit which may affect all the above. i am at a loss as to what problem is and don't want to replace anything else until i have a better idea whats wrong. i have a dawoo lanos 2001 and has been a good car until now. greatly appreciate some feed back as to what might be problem and pointed in right direction.
Defective crank sensor will not prevent fuel pump to prime.
Have your car scanned.
Check Recall ID # 5863 - ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:WIRING http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2001/dae ... s/recalls/

Hope it helps,
stevevw

Post by stevevw »

thanks Daniel for the reply. the car was on the side of the road for a couple of days and had the front windscreen and drivers windows smashed to add to the drama. luckily i had glass cover with my insurance. anyway got it home had a rethink and checked all the fuses again and i don't know how i missed it but the ecm or ecu B+ fuse was blown. replaced the fuse and it starts straight away, now i know. thanks for the help and advice Steve.
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Glad it is fixed.
But there's no real reason for ECU fuse to melt. Have a close look at wiring harness from ECU to engine bay.