Nubira X20SE and X20SED?? Is there such a thing

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Bristolsam

Nubira X20SE and X20SED?? Is there such a thing

Post by Bristolsam »

Hello wise members of the daewootech board I'm hoping you can help me with something.

I'm currently rebuilding an X20XEV engine from a vauxhall vectra, shares the same block (I believe) as the X20SED engine. I'm having trouble finding pistons over here (UK) for a decent price so I've cast my gaze over to US ebay. Found some very nicely priced X20SE pistons/rings etc however I'm getting confused.

The Vauxhall X20SE engine has different pistons/crank etc to an X20XEV engine, so is there a Nubira with an X20SE engine or is it simply a shortening for X20SED and thus any piston I buy for a post '99 - 02 2 litre Nubira is only going to be for the X20SED engine (and as such fine for my vauxhall engine).

Hope that makes sense!
benzino
Expert

Re: Nubira X20SE and X20SED?? Is there such a thing

Post by benzino »

no daewoo came with an x20se. when looking at US engines, you have to make sure you're looking at the right design. most engines in the states that are named "ecotec" are the same design as the astra sri 2.2 and the vx220 i.e. intake at the front and exhaust at the back... reverse to the original ecotec. these reverse engines don't have anything in common with our engines.

What sort of budget do you have? I wouldn't be cheaping out on pistons if I were you...
Are you looking for standard pistons, forged, higher or lower compression?
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
Bristolsam

Re: Nubira X20SE and X20SED?? Is there such a thing

Post by Bristolsam »

These are the pistons I'm looking at:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260695098255?it ... 23&vxp=mtr

Lists as X20SE... I've looked at the piston and pin specifications and they look identical (bore/stroke and pin diameter) so I think I'll go ahead and order them. Just a bit confused over the engine number thing. Apparently the North American version is the d-tech or something...

Just going for standard pistons, block I'm using is a bit too worn so going to be re-bored hence need oversize pistons. I'm looking at an easy £150 to order pistons over here (without the rings) whereas even with shipping from the states I'd be looking at less than £100 and that includes the rings!