water pum Q's --please help!

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

woo99SE

water pum Q's --please help!

Post by woo99SE »

Ok
here is the deal I have a 99 Lanos SE.
I read somewhere that there was a different type of water pump for these cars. all I know is that the vanes are larger.
can someone tell me what car it comes from.

then the 65K pennies Q.
what would be the effect of using a water pump from a "04 Aveo. all I know is that the WP from the aveo runs counter clock wise. IDK if the engine runs CC as well. but I hope someone here has mingle with that.

I'm using the Aveo MLS Head Gasket BTW. only difference is that the Aveo Has 6 more holes between pistons 1&2, 2&3 and 3&4 so I am taking a leap of faith and drilling out my block and head as well. any thought on this. I know that the Aveo is a 1.6 vin 6 as well, and that the engine is set up for more performance than Lanos.

any help is greatly appreciated.
1999 Lanos 1.6 DOHC Central Florida
MMamdouh

Re: water pum Q's --please help!

Post by MMamdouh »

well... i never came across different water pumps for the lanos, only difference i encountered was the difference between the 1.3/1.5 SOHC pump and the 1.6 DOHC pump

i am not sure of the running directions you mentioned... for all i know lanos and aveo engines got the same setup and they both run clock wise... if the pulley of the aveo's water pump is teethed then their is no way it is running counter clock wise

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
woo99SE

Re: water pum Q's --please help!

Post by woo99SE »

was the site down for a while?
In any case.
I went to the store and they are 100% identical. I think there is a typo on advance auto parts website.
the only thing different is the shield on the Lanos pump , the aveo doesn't have that shield/dust cover behind the gear.

the only thing I am concerned about is the quality between the two. the Aveo is twice the price the Lanos and has a different part #(of course).

the one I got out the car is a GMB which by the looks of it did not last long(not buying that brand though).
1999 Lanos 1.6 DOHC Central Florida