What model is this?

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

wpalmo

What model is this?

Post by wpalmo »

Hi All on the Daewoo Forum. My name is Warrick and I have recently purchased a 1995 Daewoo. I am just not absolutley sure what the model name is for ordering parts etc. I have posted some images below in the hope that someone can identify it correctly. I believe it is a Cielo but the only name on the vehicle is Daewoo 1.5 Freeway. Look forward to hearing from a knowledgeable forum member.

Regards Warrick.

IMG_4776 by wpalmo, on Flickr

IMG_4777 by wpalmo, on Flickr

IMG_4778 by wpalmo, on Flickr

IMG_4780 by wpalmo, on Flickr

IMG_4781 by wpalmo, on Flickr

IMG_4783 by wpalmo, on Flickr

IMG_4784 by wpalmo, on Flickr

IMG_4786 by wpalmo, on Flickr

IMG_4787 by wpalmo, on Flickr
Daniel
Expert

Re: What model is this?

Post by Daniel »

Hi,
Welcome.
Australia?

From a old service manual it's named Nexia.
Could be Racer or Cielo aswell.
Nexia.JPG
wpalmo

Post by wpalmo »

Thanks Daniel for the reply. Yes it was purchased new in Australia. Is Nexia, Racer and Cielo all the same vehicle? Just want to make sure before I buy any parts online.

Regards Warrick.
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

wpalmo wrote:Thanks Daniel for the reply. Yes it was purchased new in Australia. Is Nexia, Racer and Cielo all the same vehicle? Just want to make sure before I buy any parts online.

Regards Warrick.
At least for wiring diagram and body parts as those service manuals cover the three models.
Different countries, different names for the same vehicle.
One strange thing on your car is the rear Daewoo logo an the front logo on the grill unknown to me.
wpalmo

Post by wpalmo »

Thanks for your help Daniel, will see if I can pick up a service manual online for the vehicle.

Regards Warrick.
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

wpalmo wrote:Thanks for your help Daniel, will see if I can pick up a service manual online for the vehicle.

Regards Warrick.
Can share mine if you want but in Polish for mechanical. English for parts & wiring.
Puddle31
Super

Post by Puddle31 »

well done Daniel. Way to welcome and hook up a new member!! Welcome aboard wpalmo, you came to the right place.
wpalmo

Post by wpalmo »

My Polish is very poor so probably try and source an English workshop manual but thanks for the offer. I have been told by a couple of people who know a bit about Korean cars here in Perth Western Australia were I live that the 1.5 litre motor I have in the Daewoo is very reliable and strong. I must say I am very impressed with the car, the fuel economy and the handling are very good for a car of it's age.

I purchased it from a person who had owned it from new and decided to buy a new Toyota Corolla, sorry if that is a dirty word on the forum. Anyway I picked it up because it was cheap and would get me around while I rebuilt my Land Rover Series 3. I have been rebuilding it since the start of the year and will probably have it back on the road in a couple of months time. I will keep the Daewoo though as I really like it. I just spent the day fitting a new stereo in it today. I have 3 children who are all just in the process of getting their driving licenses so it will be around for some years to come all going well.

I found out since owning the Daewoo that they are no longer badged in Australia under the Daewoo name but are marketed by General Motors and come out as a Holden badged vehicle. I am sure I will find the forum useful as I have been part of the Australian Land Rovers Owners Forum and it has been a great resource. Thanks again guys and will post again soon when the stereo installation is complete.

Regards Warrick.
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

@ Thanks Puddle31,
I've learned so much here it's normal I want to share it.

@ wpalmo,
Would you post a closer pic of your grill?
logo.JPG
woo99SE

Post by woo99SE »

Pontiac brand that car is a LE-mons,
ohh my bad Le Mans
I bought one, fix it up and gave it to my nephew, not long after it got a short circuit and died in the road just to be totaled by a cab driver.
got twice as much from insurance than I thought it was worth(i am not complaining).
1999 Lanos 1.6 DOHC Central Florida
wpalmo

Post by wpalmo »

@ wpalmo,
Would you post a closer pic of your grill?
logo.JPG
[/quote]

Here is a close up of the grill badge.

Regards Warrick.

IMG_4793 by wpalmo, on Flickr
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

in australia, 1.5i is the model name... but they're all pretty much the same
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daewoo_LeMans
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

First time I see this badge linked to a Daewoo. Could be a collector?
wpalmo

Post by wpalmo »

Daniel wrote:First time I see this badge linked to a Daewoo. Could be a collector?
I am not sure about the collect-ability, but possibly due to the fact that Daewoo were new to Australia around this time it may of only been in production for the Australian market, and only for a short time. As I said I am new to the Daewoo family and am naive when it comes to knowing much about the company and it's vehicles. Maybe someone else on the forum can shed more light on the badge and if it was used in other markets in the mid 90's.

Regards Warrick.
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

Daniel wrote:First time I see this badge linked to a Daewoo. Could be a collector?
It's just a pontiac badge... it's because it was also the Pontiac lemans in North America.

For the manufacturer it's cheaper just to make one part across the model range; and in Australia we don't have pontiac, so it's not recognisable, it's just a motif.
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~