x20sed custom made intake manifold

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

blue4renza

x20sed custom made intake manifold

Post by blue4renza »

Did any one make a custom intake manifold compatible with all the oem sensor and is bolt on an is good for a naturally aspirated engine, like The Flowtec manifold made by dbilas this is the link for the X20XEV motor similar to the T20SED and U20SED http://www.dbilas-shop.com/Products/Flo ... V::91.html. I want one that is compatable to be used in place of my oem manifold but designed in the same fashion as the dbilas intake manifold.
7-even

Re: x20sed custom made intake manifold

Post by 7-even »

hey whats up.either on here or mig web someone had a custom intake for sale. basically all they did was cut the stock intake to shorten the runners. ive heard from various people that the dbilas isnt that good in fact that you loose power, or torque, i think power on the top end. ask gse_turbo i think he knows about it. the reason for the long runners on the stock mani is it helps builds torque on the low end of the power range i think. most people that turbo this motor use the stock intake mani. hows the car coming along?
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I know a guy on Migweb that might be able to help you out with a manifold ( JAV786 )

Here is his site, I've dealt with him quite a bit, he will even find and ship used parts for you if you ask.

http://www.iconperformance.co.uk/#products
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

What are you looking to spend on something like this?
blue4renza

Post by blue4renza »

Would a free flowing manifold effect the gas mileage in a good way or a bad way. I got the motor in the car but still having the multi mis-fire code only if I drive on the high way, Only getting roughly 260-280 miles per tank of gas, I'm gonna take it off the road for about a month for i can fix a few things, exhaust leak at the resonator and at the exhaust manifold by the first cat, and gotta replace my oil pan gasket and brakes and rotors, car just hit 72,000 miles and the replacement 06 motor has 38,000 miles, The car is coming together pretty well just takes time.
ls400x

Post by ls400x »

The car could get good mileage when new with the standard inlet manifold, the improvement you are looking for does not lie here...
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

blue4renza wrote:Would a free flowing manifold effect the gas mileage in a good way or a bad way.
Only getting roughly 260-280 miles per tank of gas,
The differences between intake manifold should not adversely affect your fuel mileage, if anything a free flowing intake manifold should lean out the cylinders since more air will be pulled into they cylinders during each revolution.

Sounds like you are injecting way too much fuel, which may be the cause of your mis-fire codes.

Perhaps one of your sensors is out to lunch ( working but giving wrong data )

If you don't have the ability to buy a wideband air/fuel you should look into a shop with a dyno (with wideband) or else a shop with a mobile wideband.

The dyno is nice because you can see what's going on with the engine at various loads and rpm while evaluating the wideband information on the computer screen. ( mis-fire will show up as a significant dip in power )

If you can't afford a dyno session ( 2-3 pulls is all you need to get a good baseline ) then there are a few shops which can install a wideband sensor into the end of your exhaust to give you a read out when your car throws a mis-fire code.

Problem is that you need your exhaust tight, can't have leaks all over the place or it may throw off the results.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
blue4renza

Post by blue4renza »

Im doing research on what mufflers are good and places that can bend me the pipes to make me either a 2" or 2-1\4" cat back with a glass type muffler in place of the resonator and a turbo muffler at where the oem muffler would be and have all the hangers welded and bent to work any muffler idea's