need a good head gasket

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

woo99SE

need a good head gasket

Post by woo99SE »

hello DT community
I just got myself a '99 Lanos SE auto. the problem is that the 2nd previous owner added some of that engine block sealer crap to the radiator. the previous owner bought the car and it did not lasted a month $200 and it mine(so far). the car has new timing belt, what seems like a new WP(but its bad)seals..
I was reading a bit before joining and I think I read a post about a cometic head gaskets for a Daewoo.

so my Q. is, where can I find one for a 99 1.6 Lanos, IF it exist.

I haven't measured the block but I have the feeling I might need to resurface it as well. the block has all the signs of a shhhttty job. even the head bolts were loose when I removed the head.

any how.

any help is greatly appreciated.

ps I thought of buying a head gasket set with head bolts from Ebay. any thoughts on it?

TIA
1999 Lanos 1.6 DOHC Central Florida
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Re: need a good head gasket

Post by gse_turbo »

Hello

If you'd like the Cometic gasket I can get it for you. They are in the neighborhood of $120 depending on the thickness you need.

I had pretty good fortune with a Lanka gasket set off of eBay but I didn't use the head gasket, it looked very cheap.
woo99SE

Re: need a good head gasket

Post by woo99SE »

I kept on searching and found out that the felpro gasket is metal. I really don't know if it is thick enough. the car had a water leak and the 2nd previous owner added that sealer cr@p, I noticed that the piston is almost at the edge of the block. I hope I don't have to shave the block given the piston is so high. worst case scenario I will notch the piston a little bit to be safe.

today I will visit the machine shop and find out how much $ its going to cost me to have the head and block resurfaced, hopefully not much :minigun: but regrdles of price I guess I will have to do it.
I bought the car hoping to fix it for cheap and have my CRX restored in the meantime. the car is not bad(crx) but I can use a nother car unti l I get it all painted and what not.

thanks for your reply
1999 Lanos 1.6 DOHC Central Florida