What gives Leganza??

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

sawwas72

What gives Leganza??

Post by sawwas72 »

OK,

I've had my 2001 Leganza for years. It was a parting gift in a divorce and I've never had any problems with it, other than some fading paint, hail damage, and people saying "What the hell's a day-woo". I decided to keep it for my daughter turning 16. It's safe. I've driven it regularly and kept it in good shape and if she wrecks it, no biggie. Well, recently the check engine light came on. It didn't drive or act any differently but I took it to my mechanic and he said it was a bad EGR Valve according to the computer. I paid for a new one, he installed it, but the light was still there. He has tried for two weeks to find the cause before throwing in the towel. What Gives? I have no idea what to do now. It won't pass emissions with a check engine light and the thing still runs great! In the past year I've also replaced the camshaft position sensor and another one, similar name, I forget. anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.
benzino
Expert

Re: What gives Leganza??

Post by benzino »

you could always just take out the check engine light bulb so it passes emissions :lol:

has the battery been disconnected to reset the computer?
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
Puddle31
Super

Re: What gives Leganza??

Post by Puddle31 »

I don't know where you live sawwas72. Are you in the states? if so taking the bulb out wil not work because they check to make sure the light comes on. if the light is on, there has to be a code to go with it. take it to a place can read the code and see what is causign it. if the sensors have been replaced that are supposedly sending the code, check for bad wiring. I know a few people had problems wtih bad wires for the Camshaft sensor.
get the code read and see where it's coming from.