04-08 forenza sedan exhaust

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

blue4renza

04-08 forenza sedan exhaust

Post by blue4renza »

Does anyone know any aftermarket exhaust companies that make the cat back and the mid-pipe in 2.25 mandrel bent tubing or would it be better to go to midas or meineke to have an estimate on how much it would cost for the complete system. Any one have an idea what i can do
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Re: 04-08 forenza sedan exhaust

Post by gse_turbo »

An "every day" exhaust shop can't do mandrel bends or stainless. I've been working on a few different exhaust projects for a little while. I plan to wrap them up very soon. I'd like to take on the project while I have a Forenza to build one on.
blue4renza

Post by blue4renza »

Im gonna take my car to this local import shop and just get an estimate and see if its cheaper to have a 2.25 inch mid-pipe with high-flow cat and 2.5 cat back system with magnaflow muffler and a nice polished dual or single tip welded all together. Do you have a forenza to work on at your shop.
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

I do have a forenza to build on.
blue4renza

Post by blue4renza »

Can't wait to see what you come up with for the forenza, I want a header with a 2.25 down pipe that has a high flow cat and a 2.25 cat back without any resonators for better flow.
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

I'm working on a turbo and non turbo header at the moment but I've been pulled in so many directions lately that I haven't had time to finish either one.
blue4renza

Post by blue4renza »

do you have photos of the progress of your projects and will the non-turbo header delete the first cat and what is the size of the primaries and the outlet to the mid-pipe
Uncle Mocker

Post by Uncle Mocker »

Hello guys! Sorry for the late post here. I find this one interesting and I hope that you can help me or at least give me an advice. How will I know if the exhaust needs to be replace? :p
Last edited by Uncle Mocker on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Uncle Mocker wrote:Hello guys! Sorry for the late post here. I find this one interesting and I hope that you can help me or at least give me an advice. How will I know if the exhaust needs to be replace? :p
Beside the obvious corroded parts or leaks, the exhaust system needs attention and corrective actions when exhaust gas analyser reveals pollution values (HC, CO, NOx, Lambda) outside limits.
Fixing can be as simple as plugging a leak hole or as expensive as a new catalyser.