99 Lanos High Idle help please

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

chriscomputers

99 Lanos High Idle help please

Post by chriscomputers »

I am having the typical High idle Issues with my Lanos. I saw a thread about it here once a while ago but cannot find it now. Anyways, the problem started when I first got the car 3 years ago. At first the car would only have a high idle for maybe 1 or 2 days every 3 months or so. So basically I just ignored it since the car hardly ever did it. Now it does this every week at least once or twice. The idle gets really high. I'd say in between 1700-2000 RPMS. What sucks is that my check engine isn't going on so I can't read a code to figure out what part is bad. Anyone have any idea what sensor is causing this issue? Also, if I reset the ECU by removing the fuse under the dash it fixes the issue but only for a drive or two and then back to crazy High idle again.

99 Lanos hatchback with 156,000 and still running strong :chain:
Last edited by chriscomputers on Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
chriscomputers

Re: 99 Lanos High Idle help please

Post by chriscomputers »

Well, I think I found a solution to the problem. I found a post on another forum about the IAC sensor. Sure enough when I took out my sensor the tip or end of it was all covered in carbon. I couldn't even rub it off. I ended up using some carburetor cleaner spray and was able to break it loose. I made the end all nice and shiny and put in back together. So far so good tonight with driving it around. I'll post again in a couple days to let everyone know here if it fixed the problem or not so that way if anyone else out there has the problem they know how to fix it. Oh, and here is the post I found that suggested the fix. http://www.justanswer.com/car/131fs-200 ... -fast.html
benzino
Expert

Re: 99 Lanos High Idle help please

Post by benzino »

Good to hear!
Its either going to be the iac or a vac leak
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~