Leganza heater blowing cold (now repaired)

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

diomc

Leganza heater blowing cold (now repaired)

Post by diomc »

for some time now my Leganza have just been blowing luke warm air inside the cab, footwell cold, mid air vents luke warm. so yesterday i decided to flush the coolant system, first i went to Halfords and bought some Holts Rad Flush 2 part flush, 1 removed air housing to access better room at the rear for the heater core hoses, 2 flushed coolant system and removed all hoses, 3 removed exspansion tank, 4 blew out haester core outlet hose just by blowing into the hose, poured some of No 1 rad flush into the heater outlet hose and let it soak for about an hour. 5 cleaned the ex tank with soapy water also the cap. 6 flushed all the radiator hoses, then flushed out the heater outlet hose first, and then flush the heater inlet hose next, after a couple of flushes in and out of each heater hose all the brown muddy crap came out, first few flushes were just clean water coming out but after a few it all came out, i used a clear bottle to flush the hoses ( you would not have beleived all that came out of the heater core). 7 i then popped in No1 bottle of the Holts Rad flush and followed instructions then when i flushed the coolant again the water was a dirty yellow colour with more crap in it, (i flushed the coolant system with HOT water ) 8 then i popped in No 2 Holts Rad flush again followed instructions then flushed the sysytem again by now the water coolant was a dirty black colour with more grime coming out. ( flushed the system again with HOT water). last reconected all the pipes ex, refilled the coolant and run her up. RESULT nice HOT air inside the car at all vents footwell really hot, and all other air vents nice. the Holts Rad flush cost £6.99 at my local Halfords.
i supose in most cases when you heater is blowing luke warm air out, there is no need to take it to the garage and pay exspensive money when you can do the above. ( it worked on mine, so give it a go your self, in all it took a couple of hours)