Need your help about Chevrolet Optra

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

eXplorer15

Need your help about Chevrolet Optra

Post by eXplorer15 »

Hi, Every body.

I'm newbie member for this board and car modification.
My own car spec is Chevloret Optra 1.6LT on years 2009 with CNG, Ecotech engine (Thailand Model).
For now I'm interested in CAI (Cold air intake) system but It's hard find to find the manufacturing product that can fit for Chev Optra.(I had replaced OEM header and all Exhaust system)

Then I need your any suggest to solve this problem what is the CAI should I have or can modify to Optra as possible or any caution for cai because I'm inexperience user and in Thailand has a few user that need to modify Optra not the same in japanese car that why in Thailand has no professional in this case.

Thank you for any comment and suggest.
PoorBoyLeMans

Re: Need your help about Chevrolet Optra

Post by PoorBoyLeMans »

as far as the CAI, ive had a few cars that they didnt make them for, or they were seriously overpriced. I just took some 3" exhaust pipe and had it bent to the specs i wanted, then i went to the local hardware store and picked up some rubber sewer line connectors to mount it to the throttle body. add a filter to the end, and some header wrap around the pipe, and youre good to go.
eXplorer15

Post by eXplorer15 »

Thank you for your suggest :) , I have some question is What is the best/good position got putting the Air flow head? For my understand is nearest at the front of grill or/any position that possible to take air into CAI right?

P.S. For CAI I'm interested in BMC CDA(carbon body) any idea?

Thank you very much. :)
PoorBoyLeMans

Post by PoorBoyLeMans »

id say to put it where the filter box is now. there's already a hole for fresh air in the body from the factory.